has anyone had a pain in behind head.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by makala, Aug 26, 2002.

1. makala

makala New Member

i have been having a pain in the back of my head in my hair area close to my hairline....it hurts to press it (feels good but hurts feels like it releives pressure in head) and only on one side....it actually woke me up at night last night.....been like this for about a week....also sometimes get a pinch feeling in middle of neck on same side as other pain in head it is like a constant pain....weird feeling....my family has a history of anurisams (sp?) blood vessel popping...grandfather had one in stomach and died and my dads brother had one in his head pop.....he almost died....just wondering if i should speak to my dr. about it or go see a different doc.....need some advice...help Makala
  2. makala

makala New Member

i have been having a pain in the back of my head in my hair area close to my hairline....it hurts to press it (feels good but hurts feels like it releives pressure in head) and only on one side....it actually woke me up at night last night.....been like this for about a week....also sometimes get a pinch feeling in middle of neck on same side as other pain in head it is like a constant pain....weird feeling....my family has a history of anurisams (sp?) blood vessel popping...grandfather had one in stomach and died and my dads brother had one in his head pop.....he almost died....just wondering if i should speak to my dr. about it or go see a different doc.....need some advice...help Makala
  3. Wayne

Wayne New Member

I have headaches just as you described on the left side of the back of my head. I just went to the doctors last week. He attributes them to the fact that the right side of my body is recovering, from the Lyme disease, which caused the FM. Your nerve endings cross when they exit your head. So, the left side of the brain controls the right side of your body. I hope this helps.
    Wayne
  4. Coping

Coping New Member

Hi Makala,
    I have the exact type of headache. I too was afraid of aneurism (sp?) as they run in my family also. My headaches are caused by Osteoarthritis / Degenerative disks in my cervical spine. My neck is often so tense and stiff and it really gets tired of holding my head up. LOL
    I often wake up in the middle of the night with horrible headaches. I purchased an incredible feather pillow which has really helped.
    I also have a prescription for Ketamine cream which helps with the pain.
    Good luck!
    Tricia
  5. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I have an extremely painful trigger point in the same spot on the left side of my head. I can release alot of my own trigger points by pressing on them but this one is just way too stubborn. Sometimes I can get my massage therapist to release it temporarily.

If I press on it, I can feel the pain radiating up the back of my skull.

-Shoobie
  6. G

G New Member

I have my husband massage the area and it helps relieve the pain somewhat but not gone totally. It's usually turns out to be an night or day of massaging for it to be bearable. He will also gently massage my forehead, face and temples along with the back of neck area. This helps relax me to where I can do my slow breathing and visualization, which helps me with my frame of mind. I have my room dark and no sounds unless its daytime and then I will play an cd of relaxation music, which I have an few of. Anything to help when you don't want to take or are unable to take an pain med for this type of pain. Relieve the tension and relaxation will help you.

G
  7. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Tricia, I also have the Disc Disease and Arthritis in my neck. Where did you find that pillow and how much did it cost? I'd appreciate the info. God bless, Deena
  8. Coping

Coping New Member

I got my pillow at Mervyn's. It was regularly $75.00 and I believe I paid about $50.00 on sale. It really has saved me some major pain! It is worth every penny. I love my pillow. I even take it with me when we go out of town. If you decide to get on, I suggest you get a standard size. The queen and king size may be too big. Let me know if it helps.
    God Bless and good luck!
    Tricia
  9. dursuery

dursuery New Member

The symptoms you are having all are the symptoms of high blood pressure, my friend at work kept getting the pain in the back of her head area etc..and they had to give her nitro in the emergency room so don't mess around with it, and with your family history you definetly need to get it checked out! Take Care and let us know...Deb