Has Anyone Had a PET Scan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Apr 19, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Wondering if anyone with CFS/FM has had a PET Scan and if so what did it show? If we have infection wouldn't it show or anything that could help with the treatment of this darn dd. I am sure one would never be ordered just for CFS.

2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Had one a year ago GG, it showed lesions on my brain, and my L1 thru L5 in my spine
    is Shot :( i didnt have a clue about either.
    i think a pet scan shows Much more than an mri, my doc ordered my MRI cause i was having numbness in my feet and burning pain in my legs, they still say no MS
    but the lesions scare me.
    {{Hugs}} Kat
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

Did it show any infection etc.? I am so scared to have an MRI (we have the closed ones) also afraid they might find something. I hear the PET scans do show more are they as bad as a MRI?

4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

how bad the pet scans are GG, thankfully im not too clasustrophobic so it wasent bad.
    i do know my Brother in law has to have pet scans every 6 months cause he had cancer
    and it did show something in his lungs they thought was an infection, turned out it was scar tissue.
    i know how you feel, i am always scared they are gonna find something really bad they wont be able to fix.
    i did have an ultrasound of my kidneys to see if there was any inflamation or stones, and it showed nothing. so im guessing if an ultrasound will show that a pet scan will show much more.
    if you dont mind me asking, are they looking at your sinuses?? or something else?

LEFTYGG Member

I had one because I have tumor on my sleen dr thought it was lymphoma. itshow nothing. they shoot you full of something in IV. Then you have to put arms over your head and lay still for 30 mins. I just relaxed but could bring my arms down by myself.

my sister also had 1 for her breast cancer she didnt feel it was bad. thegood thing is it shows everything at least thats what they told me. love gail