Has anyone had an Immune Supress test?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlw, Oct 30, 2002.

1. mlw

mlw New Member

My doctor's office decided that I should do an immune suppress test. THis is basically a shot of the flu in your arm and then they give another shot of something (I can't remember the name) to counteract the effects of the common flu. They will call me back in about 10 weeks to see if I create antibodies. I was in such pain- I couldn't move my right arm and had a red mark around the area of the shot. I wish I hadn't done this because I feel awful. My shoulders and my neck ache by the end of the day.

MLW
  2. mlw

mlw New Member

My doctor's office decided that I should do an immune suppress test. THis is basically a shot of the flu in your arm and then they give another shot of something (I can't remember the name) to counteract the effects of the common flu. They will call me back in about 10 weeks to see if I create antibodies. I was in such pain- I couldn't move my right arm and had a red mark around the area of the shot. I wish I hadn't done this because I feel awful. My shoulders and my neck ache by the end of the day.

MLW
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

thought I'd bump this up for someone who has......Hope you feel better soon...AMY
  4. mlw

mlw New Member

Thanks - I am sure I will feel better after a B12 injection.
    MLW
  5. mlw

mlw New Member

The doctors always draws blood every 11 weeks and runs the same tests. The nurse practioner wanted to see how strong my immune system was. I know I will never do it again!!!
    I felt like a guinea pig.

MLW

[ advertisement ]