has anyone had bells Palsy

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by clerty, Aug 15, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I had this twice as a child then it went away I read that this can be part of lyme.

Clertyx
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

But I know it is a major lyme syptom.
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

and it's left a relatively mild weakness and some Sx down one side of my face. My LLMD believes this was due to neuro borrelliosis/lyme.

TC, Tansy
  4. clerty

clerty New Member

I wonder if my naturapath would do a live blood test on me .
    Clertyx
  5. Di1207

Di1207 New Member

Hi I got bells palsy 6 months after I belive I contracted lymes.I was treated with prednisolone (steroids). My doctor said this makes the lyme worst. I was also treated with accu puncture. This helped my face go back to normal within 1 1/2 weeks.I tested negative for lymes at the time of the palsy. Just popped postive 4 months ago. What a long strange trip its been.Four long very sick years. If anyone gets bells palsy and is lyme postive please do not take steroids. See a qualified accu punctuer.
  6. harv

harv New Member

Same as di1207 down to the accu puncture still have trouble
    with speech and drooling when tired
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2007]
  7. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I had some kind of facial palsy. Shortly after the tick bite in 2001, I had episodes where my face would go numb. I couldn't speak or swallow. An EEG done during this time was very slow as I had abnormal brain waves and brain inflammation or encephalopathy.

Not being able to say what I was thinking was one of the most frustrating things that happened during this DD. I was told it was due to sarcoidosis and was given prednisone which caused hallucinations. Then I was told it was epilepsy and was started on Depakote. For awhile I didn't know if I was an animal, vegetable or a mineral.

Anyone with any history of Palsy or something similiar should see a LLMD. Tests are not very accurate. There are a lot of suspicious syndromes that could be due to Lyme.
    It's called the great imitator and fooled many doctors for a reason. Probably 90% of doctors don't know what they are doing when it comes to Lyme treatment.

My brother was bitten by a tick during a hunting trip. He's got Parkinson-like tremors and severe sweats -- probably Babesia since the bite happened in Northern Wisco. He keeps getting negative ELISA tests and can't get a doctor to run a Western Blot. We both have lots of allergies so I think that has an impact on sero-negativity.[This Message was Edited on 08/20/2007]
  8. clerty

clerty New Member

I get tremmors also !!
    Clertyx