Has anyone had FACET BLOCKS done before?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lexied, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Lexied

Lexied New Member

I have had them done twice and I haven't had much success with them. My pain management doctor suggested them to me. He thought they might help me because most of my pain is in my low back area. I had some cortizone injections there before and they "took the edge off" the pain I was having for a few days, so I decided I would try the blocks. They put you to sleep for them so I thought at the very least I'd get some decent sleep for a change! (HA!) Well, the sleep and the novacaine were about the only relief I got from the injections! I think I had about a week after I had them done, where my pain seemed to ease off a little. Then, before I knew it, I was right back where I started. I was wondering if anyone has gotten good results from the Facet Blocks.

Hugs - Lex
  2. turtis

turtis New Member

i have had about three of them and two nerve ablation( where they stick the needles in and then put radio frequency to burn the nerves most of them have helped for about two days....but the did not give me any anestisia and it hurt like hell. my facsets in my lower back hurt so bad that i am going to demand that they do surgury if possible but sometimes they use those blocks to diagnose if they possibly go furthur.

good luck

kurt
  3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I had facet injections, but because the results were real positive, I wasn't a candidate for "burning" the nerve ends. I, too, had a temporary improvement, but it didn't last. My chiropractor at the time didn't advise burning the nerve anyway. He said that's like "throwing a rug over the problem". There are pro's and con's like with everything else.