Has anyone had fillings or root canal tooth removed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Mar 24, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I have read several articles stating that infections from these procedures and the fillings themselves can cause symptoms like FM.

I had aroot canal about 5yrs. ago and now the tooth is bothering me especially when I floss ( food always get's stuck there).

I don't have dental otherwise I would go have it looked at, I don't want it pulled because you can see it when I smile.
    I know that's vain, but I don't have much left in the way of feeling, or looking good, my teeth I want to keep!:)

Thanks, claudia
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I now have an abcess in my gum from a tooth that previously was capped and had a root canal. For 2 to 3 years I have complained about this tooth every 6 months when I had my teeth cleaned. Until a large knot came on my gum a couple of weeks ago, I had no proof of a problem. When I press the knot blood pours out know. I had complained of strong taste & smell of blood waking me up and other times of pain that seemed to go from this tooth to my sinus passage.

The xray shows that the roots of my tooth are disappearing and somehow the tooth underneath the cap must be cracked. They can't repair it and now I must pull the tooth.

I wonder how much better I'm going to feel once they can pull it. So far the antibiotics have not healed the infection so they are sending me to an oral surgeon.

This is a disease that just keeps on giving and giving. Best of luck with yours. I am a vain person also but sometimes we are given no choices.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I'm sorry for your pain.

I'm afraid I am on the same road.

Thanks for the response.

Claudia
  4. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I had a root canal done when I was 14 years old. When I turned 19 I got a terrible abcess on this tooth. My dentist removed my tooth. It was in the back so it was to big of a deal. But I have since had a bridge to replace this tooth. I didn't realize that a tooth that has had a root canal done on it could still get infected.