HAS ANYONE HAD GOOD RESULTS WITH ALPHA STIM THERAPY?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovepink4, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

A friend of mine lent me her alpha stim machine thinking it might help with my chronic pain. Itis supposed to help with depression, anxiety, pain, insomnia,and surprise! fibromyalgia!!!She didn't realize that when she brought it over. We discovered it while reading the directions.

apparently, you get hooked up to the little machine(like a transister radio ) and it gives you pulses of electrical stimulation....

THE first time i did it, it did seem to take the edge off of the muscle pain....you do it for one hour/ for 42 days in a row, for FM and 21 days in a row for other stuff....then go to a maintenance treatment of 2-3 times a week....i hr each.....the seconde try i turned it up a little and it made me really dizzy and nauseated, like the book said could happen.....that part sucked....if it keeps happening, i can use these sticks called probes that you hold in place on certain places on the body....otherwise the easy way is the clip the things on your ear lobes.....

you get dizzy becuase the electric stimulation is near your inner ear , i guess, cuz that is where dizziness gets started....that is why you have to go to the probes if you have too much dizziness..

SO THE QUESTION IS,"HAS ANYONE HAD ANY SUCCESS WITH THIS? PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE!!!"

i AM SORRY IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED....I COULD NOT FIND IT....
  2. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

I'm very interested in Alpha Stim as well.

If only we all had extra thousands--I would try every therapy available.

3. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

bumping this, as i want to know if anyone has used this for insomnia.

cheers!!!
  4. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

successfully uses AS for anxiety and insomnia.

The effects have been long-lasting. At first he used it daily for about 3 weeks. Now he only uses it Once or twice per yr., a few days at a time.

He's been using it for many yrs.

Note, we have just the basic unit with ear clips, not the more $$$ one that you can attach to other body parts.

If you do decide to try it, be cautious with driving at first, until you know how your brain responds.

Apparently many people use AS early in the day, even to help w/insomnia. My son always used it at bedtime, but people differ in their immediate short-term response to it.

Good luck if you decide to try it. We were able to rent one ($5/day) from a licensed psychologist to try out. That was a wonderful deal, as it helped you sort out at low cost, whether you were a responder or not. So you might phone around your city & see if such an arrangement is available. (Note, son was already a client of the psych & had elsewhere been dxd with anxiety & other issues.)
    [This Message was Edited on 06/21/2010]
  5. amomwithsickkids

amomwithsickkids New Member

Is alpha stim similar to rife or ondamed? How expensive is an alpha stim machine? It's all so interesting.