Has anyone had luck with an endocrinologist?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JewelRA, Aug 24, 2006.

1. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

My rheumy just did blood work on me a couple of weeks ago -including thyroid and electrolyte studies - and of course, everything is "normal". Yet, I feel like I am absolutely on the brink of death. I can't shake the feeling that something is terribly chemically wrong in my body that he is not finding.

Has anyone had luck with an endocrinologist? Or maybe a neurologist? I think these are the only 2 kinds of docs I haven't tried yet. Sigh....So tired of going to doctors and being told "everything is normal".
  2. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I see an Endocrinologist. I have a pancreatic disorder and insulin abnormality, but when my insulin goes haywire - I can feel the change in my body without my doctor having to run the tests.

My doctors test thyroid, glucose, cortisol, etc on me regularily - and they're always normal. My insulin count however, should be about 20 - and it's coming in at over 350 now.

When it first started I gained 98 lbs in 4 months, I was losing my eyesight, and was basically just losing control of my body. Now it's semi controlled (still undiagnosed though) but when my insulin starts fluctuating alot, I can <b>feel it.</b>

I wouldn't doubt that you're picking up on a chemical change on your body, and I'd definately recommend and Endo. Mine has saved my life repeatedly.

Don't worry too much though. As my doctor says, he knows the world is safe - because I'm the one that gets stuck with all the one in a millions'. lol

~Amanda