Has anyone had sucsess with Topamax instead of Lyrica?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kingd2, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kingd2

kingd2 New Member

I am currently taking Lyrica 75mg 2 times per day. Unfortunatly I am having side effects.Cognotive function, sleepiness, weight gain, sexual issues, swelling of feet. I had hoped the side efffects would get better with time, because I think I am getting some pain
    relief. I have tried Nerontin and I does not work for me. I was wondering if Topamax worked for nerve pain not just for migaines. Please let me know if anyone has had releif or if there are an studies on Topamaz and fibro pain.
  2. sirfoo

sirfoo New Member

of Topa, though it is for chronic headaches, not for anything else. But it lets me function pretty normally. I recently developed the aching and other pain of the FM-it doesn't seem to be doing anything for that, so...

3. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

that stuff made me very mean!! i would bite your head off for looking at me..had to stop taking it because the side effect never went away.....

4. MaxieJap

MaxieJap New Member

This is a really awful drug. Please, please google it to hear what others have said about it. Fibrofog is a picnic next to this. Google it! Lyrica can be a very bad boy as well. I lost my balance while on it and fell and broke a rib. Also lost my fine motor skills and manual dexterity, among other side effect. That was after I got on a therapuetic dose. It did take the pain away, but really screwed me also. Google Topomax.
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Might be telling you something you have already tried, amitriptyline in low dose i have found helps nerve pain and some find it helps with sleep, which hasnt helped me. Others have said that they put weight on but not from my experience but i wasnt taking anymore then 25mg. Doxepin is a similar drug which might also help, i find it more sedating then amitriptyline but not as good for pain though.

good luck