Has Anyone Had The Flu

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by taylorat, Jan 30, 2003.

1. taylorat

taylorat New Member

I have been so sick for over a week. I have the Flu. I don't think I am ever going to get over it. I think it's harder to get over things when you have Fibromyalgia. Any suggestions I am going back to my Dr. tomorrow. I hope he can give me some relief from this. I hurt so bad all the time anyway but now with the Flu it's almost unbearable. I would think I should be feeling a little better by now. Has anyone else had trouble getting over illnesses?
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I recently had a hysterectomy, and I think it took longer to heal because of the pain of FMS. I think that since our bodies are in so much pain on a daily basis, it takes longer to recover from something that taxes our systems. I hope you're feeling better soon and the doctor can help you!

Annette2
  3. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I had the flu before Christmas. It started on December 19 and I am just NOW starting to get back to where I was before the flu. Although the worst lasted two weeks the lingering is just now going away. PLEASE, do not take an antibiotic unless you have a confirmed infection. I also believe that FM causes all recovery and healing to take much longer. Take care and takie it easy.

Janine
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

and then it went into pneumonia. I had to be on two different doses of anitibiotics before it finally started getting better. My doctor warned me that it would take at least 2 to 3 weeks to fully recover, then he said to add another week or two because of the FM. By the way, I did have a flu shot too. It was explained to me by the nurse that there are actually several types of flu virus out there so you can still get it, but she said if you have had a flu shot it wouldn't be as bad as if you had not had it. Hope you are beginning to feel better by now..

Dara
  5. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I wouldn't know it if I had it or not, I've been feeling so fluish for a good week now, and wasn't good before that either. I hurt so bad and am in bed most of the day. It all kinda blends together for me, everydays a sick day, just have to wake up to see how bad you're gonna be, the way I've been just getting worse and worse, I'll be in a wheelchair by christmas, seriously...........~LISA
  6. KAZZE

KAZZE New Member

over christmas and I still can't clear the chest infection it left me with.
  7. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

everyone I know that has had it this year has talked about how long it lasted and how hard it was to get over.
  8. fibrofogqueen01

fibrofogqueen01 New Member

I have not gotten it yet but my 3 children and hubby all have it I dont think there is any hope for me.I had to take them all to the doc last week and he told me just plan on getting it.Boy I am excited!
  9. amaryllis

amaryllis New Member

but a terrible cold. I have had such horrible aches all over my body for days, it feels like the flu. Two nights ago my husband was ready to take me to the ER it was so bad. As it was stated above, I have heard also that the flu this year is much worse and takes a lot longer to get over.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

~A
  10. motg

motg New Member

I had for about a month got over it then got a very bad cold.