Has anyone had trouble geeting rid of colds and sore throats?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by intiyanangel3, Apr 8, 2006.

1. intiyanangel3

intiyanangel3 New Member

I have been trying to get rid of a cold/drainage (down back of throat) and just wondered if anyone else has had this trouble. I have had this for 3 months now and it is really driving me crazy. The Dr. put me on z-pack and Robitussin D/M two months ago and still did not help. My flare ups with FMS are getting worse in the mean time. Can anyone help.

Thanks, Ang
  2. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I have had the exact same thing since the middle of December. When I talk I sound really congested (which I am) & people that I don't talk to on a regular basis are always asking me if I am sick. I just tell them it's allergies (which I have never had a problem with) I get really tired of that.

I am guessing it is all part of FM. Guess it has something to do with the immune thing.

My flares have been really bad too, so I can totally relate.

Marilyn
  3. G.I.Jane

G.I.Jane New Member

Hi - I have the same thing. It's so yucky :{ It's keeping me flaring for ages. I'm finally going to the doctor to see if they prescribe the all wonderful z-pack and it helps end this - it feels like forever. It's like I'm just a huge, goopy fms monster - snort snort! How gross :{ May try my Neti pot - nasal rinse. And all the choking/coughing from the drainage just exhausts me and causes upper body pains. I hope we all feel better soon - good luck guys, thinking of you :) Take care - Jane
  4. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Hi Ang,
    You sound like me. After 3 operations on sinus's I have a good ENT Dr. (he is even good looking too) My brother has also gone to him for a sinus operation. We both use Musinex, You get get it at the drug store over the counter.

It really helps. I am also going thru the same thing right now. I have been having bad headaches were I need to put ice bags on my head. if I cant get rid of it i will be calling my dr. soon.

I hope you feel better soon,
    Cindy
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You may have allergies causing all the mucus. I was on antibiotics 3 times in a row a year and a half ago for a sinus infection that I could not get rid of. Finally I got tested for allergies, and it showed I had a severe allergy to dust mites, which live in bedding, carpets etc.

I couldn't get rid of the carpet (I was renting) but I got a special mattress cover and special pillow and pillow cover and washed all my bedding in hot water and I stopped having all the sinus infections.

So if allergies are your problem, antibiotics are not the solution.

Mary
  6. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I used to have them weekly for years and years until I moved to an alkaline diet, then they stopped. I used to pick up everybodies colds, but not anymore. Going alkaline can be a bit daunting at first but the key is to start slow and gradually incorporate the changes. Drink more water, get more green and raw food in the diet, cut back on Carbs and drop the junk and processed foods. Some good starting books that I like are the PH Miracle, the PH miracle for weight loss, the PH miracle for Diabetes. All good books and the last two have good recipes also...