Has Anyone Had Very Good Success with Transfer Factors?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seans, Jan 1, 2003.

1. seans

seans New Member

Has Anyone Had Very Good Success with Transfer Factors?

thx.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This has slipped to the bottom of the page, so I am bumping it for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. sb439

sb439 New Member

I had HHV6 reactivation and impaired immune system (lymphocytes down), after six months of transfer factor 560 the HVV6 test came out ok, the immune system was improved some. However, some think that only if you keep taking the transfer factor (at reduced dose) forever can you keep the virus down.
    Also remember that different transfer factors are for different things, and taking just any of them without any tests could well be a waste of money.
    Susanne
  4. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I haven't written because I've been waiting for someone else to. I haven't tried it yet and would like too.

I had my HHV-6 test done from my internist after lots of begging and it turns out they did the wrong test. (I was going to try transfer factor if it came out high.) Turns out they did the normal IgG test and it came out to 1:20 which I think is normal. It's hard to read the results but from my understanding 1:20 is the high end of normal any thing more would be abnormal. However, this is the virus that 95% of the entire population have anyway, I wanted the IgM titers and the test that detects the A variant from the B variant. THAT is supposed to distinguish reactivation or not. So that test did me know good.

I don't know if I want to try something as expensive as transfer factor when I have no clue if I need it or if it works for that matter. So, like you, I am waiting for others wisdom on the subject. I know there are people out there that have taken it, they're just not around right now, be patient!

Take Car, ~LISA
  5. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

You said after taking the transfer factor, you're HHV-6 levels and immune system improved, does that mean you started feeling better too as a result of it? I think that's what we're getting at. I could care less what my numbers are at this point, I just want to feel better, I'm starting to give up on all this research since my doctors aren't so willing to back me up, it's a lost cause and a waste of my time.

~LISA
  6. mlw

mlw New Member

Sean: I think it might be a good idea to try it. It is on this website (store). I felt much better, but it is expensive. MLW
  7. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

In response to my above post where I ended it with :
    take car,

Please don't take my car, it's all I have left!!

But do take care!

~Lisa
  8. seans

seans New Member

Thanks much to all who had input. For those who stated they got their titers down or experienced improvement in their symptoms, could you please be more specific in terms of where the treatment got you. For example, were you bedridden and then after a month of treatment you could get up, or you had very limited energy and then after a month to 6 months of treatment you could go ride a bike for a while etc.

Thanks.
  9. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi, I have so many things wrong as part of my CFIDS, that it's hard to say whether I'm getting better overall as result of the transfer factor. But after two months into transfer factor some symptoms disappeared, and haven't been back so far: night sweats, and a certain flu like thing that used to come in bouts, i.e. for a week or two or three, each time I 'overdid' it. So my life quality *is* overall somewhat better.
    Hope that helps.
    Susanne