HAS ANYONE HAD WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shep, Jul 30, 2006.

1. shep

shep New Member

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well as we can with this disease.

I have fibromyalgia, CF, IBS, hight B/P, diabetes and a host of all the other "symptoms" that come with Fibro.
    Most of all, I have severe osterarthritis and my knees are completly gone as far as cartlidge goes.

I cannot stand very long and only walk a short distance.
    My doctor recomends I have the barartic weight loss procedure done. I need to loose 100 pounds. I have been successful at loosing around 50 pounds, but it is extremely hard as I cannot excerise because of my not being able to excerise very much due to my knees..and being so tired all the time also.

I am praying about this and must make a decision by the end of August.

If anyone here has had this procedure I would love to hear all the "good, bad and ugly" about it. I have done lots of research ; but it is better to hear it from someone who has experience it personally.

God bless you all with a less pain and more hapiness.

Shep

2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm not one, but I believe there ARE others here who have had this surgery who could chime in here...

Good luck to you,
    Pam
  3. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I had the LapBand in March of this year. I went into great detail about the procedure in a previous post. If you would like to read it just click on my name to the left of the post and search for the posting. It should be one of the first few ones.

I have lost 50 lbs. already. I had under 100 to lose in the first place. It is possibly one of the best things I have done for myself.

Take Care,
    Stephanie