has anyone had...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tslanker, Aug 25, 2003.

1. tslanker

tslanker New Member

a hematoma from an injury? How long did it take to go away?
    I'm getting worried and need some input thanks! Terry[This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]
  2. pixipip

pixipip New Member

Can't help you honey, but will give you a BUMP.
  3. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I agree six weeks is along time for a hematoma to stay. A hematoma is a bad bruise under the skin...a blot clot. What type of injury did you have? I found that putting moist heat on hematomas helps break them down. I am concerned about phlebitis for you...have you seen the doctor? I missed your original post about this injury....I hope it improves for you. Love, Hippen
  4. tslanker

tslanker New Member

the hematoma is in the left breast, actually there is at least 2 maybe 3 all in a row. I fell flat on my chest, which happens to be the biggest part of me. Three days later I had a bruise that my husband swears is the ugliest he'd ever seen. It has been 5 weeks and it's just now getting to where you can't see the bruise anymore. But I still have the lumps there. I've seen an ER doctor and my regular doctor and both agree that they are hematomas. My PCP wants to wait a little while for them to go down and then have a mammogram.Both doctor's told me that hematomas take a while to be re-absorbed back into the surrounding tissue, but I can't help but worry. Thanks for the help. Terry
  5. Hippen

Hippen New Member

That sounds very painful!!!! Try putting hot wet rags on the lumps.....to break down the clot lumps...this might help. The breasts are very sensitive as you already know....I will pray for you!!!! Love, Hippen
  6. tslanker

tslanker New Member

I'm going back to the doc tomorrow to get my hematomas re-checked. It's been six weeks and they've gone from the size of a fifty cent piece to the size of a dime. At least I see some results. My doc wants to wait to do the mammogram because she say's it's really going to hurt having those lumps in there.I had no idea that they could take so long to go away.

[ advertisement ]