Has anyone heard from Shirl?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Aug 30, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Mikie - have you heard from Shirl? Things are awful in LA, and I'm concerned about her. Do you know if she decided to stay at home?

Has anyone heard anything?

abbylee
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am relieved to read that she is in a High place.
    Your so right about her being a Survivor, she's been here over 4 years, and you get to know, what a person is made of.
    She'll be Ok. I will be Praying for all of thoes, that are in this Tradgic Diaster.

The Rescue Workers are going to need Prayers, also, they have a horrific job ahead of them.

Yesterday, a Few Dozen of Ca. Rescue Groups headed for that area. I know they make every effort to save as many as possible.
    They were taking the Big Box-type of Amblance's, load with supplies, I hope they are just about there, they are certainly needed.

I get chatty when I get nervous, so I'd better go, the boards been slow too,

Prayers, going up,
    sharonk
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What it's like after a storm, but nothing is working for a long time. It can take weeks in some areas to get services up and running. Shirl will let us know she is OK just as soon as she can.

Nanna and I will let y'all know if we hear from her.

Pray for everyone who is touched by the storm. It's the best thing we can do. I know it's hard to wait.

Love, Mikie
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I've lived on the SC coast for most of my life and know what it's like to be in a hurricane. We had Hazel in '54, Hugo, Fran, Floyd, and many many others which is why I'm so worried.

I hope you're correct. Please let me know if you hear anything.

abbylee
  5. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

are with all those poor people down there, I see all the devastation and wonder how in the world they will ever get back to normal.

We are parying for Shirl and everyone.

Granny
  6. justlooking

justlooking New Member

still hoping someone has heard from her!!

7. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I Pray Shirl, her family and precious dogs are ok and hope we hear something soon!!!

I keep watching the news and it just really breaks my heart. I guess I need to stop watching for awhile because it only gets me upset and stressed out.

Hugs
    Bluerose
  8. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I know Shirl will get in touch with us as soon as she can, but it is frigthening to think of her in that chaos in New Orleans.

I hope she evacuated already even if she wasn't in immediate danger. The situaton there is dire and a great health hazard. I was seeing on TV that the water is not longer called just rising waters,it is now called the sewer. All kinds of diseases are brewing in there. Everyone needs to get out so the cleanup can begin. What a task!

Shirl when you finally are able to communicate with us, you have us here to help you.

God Bless,
    Francey
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The phones are down so there is no way for her to contact us. So much focus is on New Orleans that the smaller towns, with the exception of Slidel, where the eye of the hurricane hit, are being neglected.

She has family around her, so I feel confident that she is OK. It's just soooo hard waiting it out.

I know she will appreciate all the prayers and concern for her, her family, and her dogs.

Love, Mikie
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thinking of you Shirl and sending prayers up. Come back to us when you can, we miss you.

Sandy
  11. achy

achy New Member

I've been wathing your her too...

I'm just East of Mobile....its a bad situation from Baldwin County Westward. I can't even get gas over here. There is little in Mobile too.

Sending out my angels to find her....
    Achy
  12. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Is it possible that whoever is aware of Shirl's full name could check CNN's or the Red Cross's safe lists?

She may not be able to let us know how she is but people in those areas are doing a pretty damn good job of keeping information up to date!

I think anything to ease some minds would help during this time.
  13. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Still hoping someone will hear something and let us know if she's ok!!

Does anyone know whereabouts she is in LA and how close or how far away from the center of the devastation she is?

Like so many others here I'm concerned for her and praying for her.
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've also left messages for her to contact Nanna or me. I know she will when she can. I just thought that if anyone who knew her saw the messages, they might let me know. There has been absolutely no coverage on TV of where she lives so I hope this is a good sign that there was not the devastating destruction there. If I hear anything, y'all will be the first to know.

Love, Mikie
  15. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am Praying for her too, and I have a good feeling that She and her Family are ok.
    It's the waiting and not knowing for sure, that is so hard,

I know how much You must be worrying about her, too.
    Glad your still posting, btw, ;o)
    sharonk
  16. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I want Shirl to know I am thinking about her and her family.

If we keep it bumped hopefully when she sees it she will know how much she is in our thoughts and prayers.

17. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

can't stay on long.Linda
  18. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Waiting for any news anyone has.

I Will keep this bumped so everyone will keep her and her family in their prayers. She would do the same for us!
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is widespread damage and no power where Shirl lives but no fatalities so far. She will let us know how she is doing as soon as she is able but it may be a while. Keep her and her family, and all other victims of the storm, in your prayers, please. Thank you and God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  20. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Please let us know if you hear anything. From what she's told me, Shirl lives in the middle of nowhere. Does anyone know to check on her?

During one of last year's storms her husband was evacuated from the oil riggs, but he didn't come home.

I hope all is well with Shirl, and I pray every day for her safety.

abbylee PS - Sure do miss seeing your hand on the keyboard!! Seems strange, somehow. ;-)