Has Anyone Heard of Adrenemin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Somebody recommended I try a product called Adrenemin. I have never heard of it. Any ideas?

Hippo
  2. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Somebody recommended I try a product called Adrenemin. I have never heard of it. Any ideas?

Hippo
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have checked around the net, but can't seem to find anything called Adrenemin. Have you any idea what it is? Herb, vitamin, etc?

That would help finding some information about it.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I don't know anything about it, other than it is some kind of adrenal support.

Hippo
  5. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I put in the word the way you have it spelled "adrenemin" and found nothing also. Then I changed the spelling to "adrenamine" and it came up as something related to Epinephrine which is a drug to restart your heart, I believe.
    Check with your friend and make sure that you have it spelled correctly.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Adrenal support! Pro Health sells this, its called; 'Adrenal Energy', it also comes in a cream. Just go to the 'Store' link, and type it in and read all about it. Also heres an article on Adrenal Insufficiency:

Doctors and Researchers Connect Symptoms of CFS with Adrenal Insufficiency
    In the Archives of Internal Medicine, as published in the Journals of the American Medical Association, Riccardo Baschetti, M.D., states “[CFS] shares 39 features with primary adrenal insufficiency, including all the physical and neuropsychological symptoms listed in both the original and the revised criteria for CFS, as well as many other abnormalities.” Dr. Baschetti concludes, “I believe that adrenal insufficiency, rather than alteration in cardiac function, may primarily account for the reduction in exercise capacity in CFS.”(1)

Leading CFS physician David S. Bell, M.D., discusses adrenal insufficiency in his breakthrough book, The Doctor’s Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, “In an important 1991 paper, Demitrack and colleagues reported abnormal results in a study involving adrenal hormones. The results suggested a mild central adrenal insufficiency [in CFS patients], implying that there was inadequate stimulus from the brain to the adrenal glands.”(2)

Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., a leading CFS and FM clinician and researcher, also points to adrenal insufficiency among CFS patients, “About two-thirds of people with chronic fatigue problems appear to have an underactive adrenal gland. One cause may be the hypothalamic master gland not making enough of an adrenal stimulating hormone (CRH). I suspect many people also have adrenal ‘burnout.’”(3)

What is Adrenal Fatigue?

Adrenal fatigue is any decrease in the ability of the adrenal glands to carry out their normal functions. This happens when your body is overwhelmed (as in coping with chronic illness), when stress overextends the capacity of your body to compensate and recover. Consequently, the adrenals become fatigued and are unable to continue responding adequately to further stress.

Typically what happens to many people is that they get into a vicious cycle of relying on coffee, colas, and other stimulants to keep them going throughout the day. Eventually, they get a "second wind" and may end up working or staying up late into the night. It then becomes increasingly difficult for them to "get going" in the morning, so they drink more caffeine, perpetuating this unhealthy cycle.

And that's only the beginning. Adrenal fatigue manifests itself as a collection of signs and symptoms. Its chief symptom is fatigue, but once the adrenal buffer is gone, you become susceptible to a long list of health complaints.

Support Your Adrenal Glands, Maintain Energy Levels
    Pro Health’s Adrenal Energy formula contains all the leading natural components that work synergistically to help protect your body against stress and promote adrenal health – including vitamin C, vitamin B-5, Siberian Ginseng, DHEA, pregnenolone, tyrosine, licorice, pantothenic acid and CoQ10.

The systems our bodies use to handle stress are complex. Central to those systems are the adrenal glands. The adrenals rely heavily on proper nutrition and require a significant amount of nutrients to produce healthy levels of hormones. They also require rest time. Unfortunately, many of us don’t get enough rest to recover from high levels of stress hormones that are released in our bodies. Our adrenal glands become worn down, and the result is adrenal fatigue.

Supporting the Adrenal Glands for Better Health and Vitality
    It is crucial to support the normal function of the adrenals to enjoy good health and vitality. Lifestyle changes including proper nutrition and reduced stress, are important. Pro Health's Adrenal Energy has been developed to provide potent supplemental support for your adrenal glands, including a unique blend of herbal and nutritional components formulated to help increase energy levels and vitality.

Sources: (1) Editor’s Correspondence (Riccardo Baschetti, M.D.) regarding: De Becker P, Roeykens J, Reynders M, Mc Gregor N, De Meirleir K. Exercise capacity in chronic fatigue syndrome. Arch Intern Med. 2000;160:3270-3277 (2) Bell, David S., M.D. The Doctor’s Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. 1993 Addison Wesley, pp. 115. (3) Teitelbaum, Jacob, M.D., From Fatigued to Fantastic: A Manual for Moving Beyond Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. 1995 Deva Press, pp.36.