Has anyone heard of "Atlas Neurovascular Syndrome" relating to FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lau, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Lau

Lau New Member

I recently received info from a chiropractor claiming this syndrome is causing fms and he can correct it with treatments. It is supposedly a compression of the spinal cord near the neck. I am skeptical, but also a bit hopeful and willing to try anything after almost 20 years of constant pain. Also finding meds are not much help.
    This is my first day ever using any message board and I am new to the computer. I have been trying to find a support group in my area, but there aren't any, so was happy to stumble upon you all. So, if anyone has heard of this syndrome and treatment please let me know. Thanks!

Laurie
  2. selma

selma New Member

I've heard of Atlas axis therapy. I had one time done as an example with a feeling of warmth entering my arm and hand. My hands are almost always cold.
    Some who did it say it's helpful.
    Do research before having your spine manipulated. Some chiros are better then others.
    Love, Selma
  3. purplerose66

purplerose66 New Member

Laurie,

I also received info from a chiro. How ironic, did you by chance receive it from a Dr. Loranger? I live in SE Michigan, you must be close to me, if not it is quite a coincidence. I'd really like to keep in contact about this, please reply.

Debbie(purplerose66)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2003]
  4. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

if i am not mistaken, i have heard that is an issue with CFS too and cognitive issues?
  5. purplerose66

purplerose66 New Member

If anyone has been able to find more info on Atlas, please let me know. I have done searches on this and cannot find much about it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie