has anyone heard of chiari type 1 malformation ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wangotango, Apr 20, 2006.

1. wangotango

wangotango New Member

a friend od mine gave me this article off the internet and it sounds like me to a tee. just wondering if you all heard of it. i am going to see a my doctor and get a referal to see one of the neurosurgeons this monday ! be well all bill
  2. darude

darude New Member

Yes I've heard of it and will be having MRI for testing. Also going thru the Pituitary tumor testing as may be having surgery. See my posts and Wakes. I will bump for ya
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

...yes I saw several cases while I was working in medical coding and I just watched a Discovery Health Channel special with a young girl who had this along with a Retroflexed Odontoid.

It was a very good show...very interesting. This young girl in the story sound like so many here....huummm

Good luck,

Karen

4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

between Chiari 1 malformation, FM and CFS. I wonder how many doctors consider the possibility of Chiari?
  5. darude

darude New Member

But NEVER tested for it???????????????? mmmm maybe another test
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

That's what happened was the MRI was negative for it. I hope whomever was reading the MRI knew what to look for. I have heard stories about that.

They radiologists or whomever reads it needs to have experience in knowing what to look for.

Since my FMS was from neck trauma, I have always wondered about that MRI.

Hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]