has anyone heard of LIMU??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alloutdoorsboy, Jan 30, 2004.

1. alloutdoorsboy

alloutdoorsboy New Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a supplement called LIMU ??

Thanks Paul
  2. jole

jole Member

Yes, as a matter of fact! I got it from my son, but unfortunately didn't get to take it long enough to find out if it could do any good or not. It does taste good, though. Lol.

I have candida and quit taking it because I went on a no carb/no sugar diet and it contains sugar. So I really can't help you. I wish I could have taken it though. A week or so wasn't long enough to see results.
  3. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT HELP?
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of it. What condition are you dealing with?

Maybe someone can suggest something else that is helpful.
  5. jenafuzzy

jenafuzzy New Member

I looked up limu on line today.

The FDA has found this item to be a bogus product. If you are interested in reading about it you can go to the FDA website and run a search on Royal Tongan Limu Dietary Supplements.

ALWAYS do a complete research of something before you take it, even if your very very bestest friend says it is a miracle cure.

Hope this has helped someone today!

Jennifer
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

A friend of mine was selling it so I tried it for about 2 months, it was expensive, $45 a bottle which lasted a month. I noticed no difference. I have CFIDS.

My friend, who has FM, said it helped her pain.

Limu is made from some form of kelp mixed with juice.

Mary
  7. dannybex

dannybex Member

While I have not tried Limu, with all due sincere respect, the fact that the FDA says it's a "bogus product" doesn't mean a thing to me personally. It's widely felt that the FDA is in the pocket of the pharmaceutical and "food" industries, and even a former FDA official said he was shocked that most people think the FDA works for the citizens of this country.

Their calling it "bogus" makes me more interested in investigating it's benefits.

I did just that and found it's main ingredient "fucoidan" has MANY benefits and there are in fact over 600 studies on it on the PubMed website. How the FDA can say it's bogus, yet it shows benefits in so many studies -- published in medical journals -- just doesn't make sense. You can search the Pubmed website and find the same studies.

A friend of mine who has CFIDS has been taking it for several months, and says it's helping her so much that she's considering becoming a distributor.

Just my two cents! :)

Dan

[This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]