Has anyone heard of the bill that will allow dr's to rx prescrpti

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Sep 8, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I was watching the local news tonight and I heard that there is a bill that is going to be passed ? I didn't catch it all, but the thing that hit me was that is this passes we who are on narcoitc pain meds may not have to see out doctors every month to just get a refill and nothing else.
    We will be given a prescition that will have a refill for 3 months worth or the pain medication.
    Do you know just how much this would say me in co-pays alone?

I pay a $40.00 each month for the doctor to sign my scripts and not to have to pay for $80.00 would be so great for me and would save some money for me to pay on other bills.

How i hope that this is true & wil become law and acepted with the pharmaciscst so that we will be able to get a script of MScontin with 2 refills .

How great that would be fore me. I am praying that this will really happen as it is costing so much in copays that some can't affored to go and get the scripts refilled as they don't have the money for the c0-pay and for the meds as well.
    I would love this to be in affect so that I could get the meds I need andnot have to hear my husband gripe about having to pay that $40.00 co-pay each month and how much it costs.

PLease I pray that this is real and I am not hearing things that are not real. But I did hear this twice today on the noon news and on the evening news as well.

So has anyone else heard of this new bill or the feds alwwoling us to be treated with pain meds and not have to see our doctors each month just to recive our perscriptions. How I hope this is right and will happen soon.

HUGS TO ALL
    Rosemarie
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

already a post about this on the board. "News for chronic pain" I think was part of the title. The person quoted the news article about this. It has not passed yet and is going to Washington. It may or may not pass and we aren't sure how long it will take to implement.