Has anyone heard of this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaW, Sep 12, 2003.

1. LindaW

LindaW New Member

A friend wrote me aletter and said she was diagnosed with Polymalgia Rheumatica- The symptoms are very similar to fm. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks for your help.
    lw
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is similar to our illness in terms of symptoms, but there is one big difference. People with PR can suffer from giant cell something-or-other (can't remember whole name of this) which can cause blindness if not caught and treated. Usually docs know enough to test for this condition as soon as the diagnosis of PR is made. People with PR can go into remission and then have flares.

Love, Mikie
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I don't know if this is the same thing a friend of mine in NJ has or not. She calls it "Polymyositis". She is so sick and going downhill all the time. Her muscles are actually disintegrating. She has tried all sorts of things, including some pretty off-the-wall treatments. Nothing helps for long. She's been hospitalized for itching, her Reynaud's Syndrome is traveling up her arms, she gets ulcers on her fingertips and she's thin as a rail. They had to renovate their house to accommodate a wheelchair for when she's really weak. Of course, she also has Lupus and Scleraderma. Whenever I hear from her I'm ashamed of my complaining!

JoAnn
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]