Has anyone here been disabled and then become well?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Apr 4, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

Well enough to go back to work and not be in some painfull fog?

If so what did you do? I need instructions, I have got to go back to work.

Thanks in advance
  2. matn

matn New Member

Read my profile
  3. Nakomis

Nakomis New Member

I've had CFIDS/FM for 24 years ... slow onset, so I have just gradually gotten worse with brief, partial remissions (improving to about 60% of where I was before I got sick) every few years. I keep hoping, though.

If you had sudden onset with minimal neuro involvement, your chances of improvement are somewhat better. Or so I'm told.

4. damz68

damz68 New Member

How long were you on this diet before your symptoms started to fade? How expensive is this diet?
  5. judywhit

judywhit New Member

four things I have changed in the last year. Stopped taking pain meds (oxy) started 5mg klonopin at bedtime, 10mg ambein for sleep. Started taking 3 omega3 caps per day 1500 each. Also did not get the flu shot for the first time in 6 years. I am back to work and feel like a new person. I considered myself disabled as I could not work for 2 years. I am back to driving school bus 6hrs per day. Riding my horse- going camping with him on thursday. I believe the omega 3 and klonopin have been my answer. Not to mention getting the sleep via ambein, everynight I take it.
    good luck,
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2006]
  6. KelB

KelB New Member

This is the first time I've said it out loud for fear of jinxing myself, but I've felt completely normal and back to my old self for about three weeks now.

No kidding - I'm functioning completely as I used to. I can stay out with friends until the small hours of the morning, I'm sleeping fine... Even when I get tired, it's just "good, normal" tired and sorted out by a night's sleep.

People at work have commented on how I've picked up and my work has improved like magic. I've only been able to work part-time for the last ten months, but I'm seriously considering full-time. I know I can handle it right now.

I know that this is probably only a temporary remission, but I didn't believe I would ever feel like myself again and I'm determined to enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

I'm afraid I can't offer you any magic cure. My recovery seemed to happen over a few days, after I spent a long weekend away from home staying with friends. When I got home (exhausted) and started to recover, I just kept feeling better and better.