Has anyone here been on HGC?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Oct 20, 2008.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I was curious if any of my friends here have taken or maybe even still are taking HCG?

My PCP has recommened me to try this and said that a lot of his patients have had excellent results from it?

He also says that is has been used for weight loss?

Please let me know if you or someone you know of is taking this or has taken it.....Iam wanting to see the pros and cons first hand:)

Hugs
    Doxy
  2. wldhrt

wldhrt New Member

Doxy,
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but the HCG I'm familiar with is "Human Chorionic Gonadatropin", which is actually a dual-use drug. It is used as a fertility drug in women, and as a sort of stimulant for the pituitary for testosterone production in men. If you have hormonal deficiencies, it certainly can help - I've only seen it from the male side of things, but with a higher testosterone level, males can and often do feel "better" - improved mood, strength, energy, not to mention libido. The weight loss thing I don't know about but if you have a higher testosterone level, you would burn fat and add muscle more efficiently.
    This is an injectable drug, by the way.
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Yes, this is the same HCG you are mentioning in your post!

I have already tried this with injecting the HCG and I honestly cannot say that I really feel any improvement...however I have been in a bad bad flare for some time now so perhaps that is the reason it "seems" to not be helping?

Iam post menopausal so I have to laugh at the "fertility" stimulant part.....but I would welcome all of the other benefits it could provide for me..

I will give it a real chance to see if I can improve but if after a few months I see no improvement then I suppose it is just better to stop?

My Dr just seemed to really feel that a "LOT" of his patients that have fm/cfs see improvements so it would be nice if I could be one of them...

:)
    thank you for posting to me!:)

Hugs
    Doxy
  4. wldhrt

wldhrt New Member

Doxy,
    The normal dosage for HGC is 500-1000 units per injection, 2-3 times per week. One 10 ml vial should last you about a month. I don't know how this stuff works in women, but I know men shouldn't use it continually, normally you do 1-2 months, then stop and if necessary repeat a couple of months later.
    Mark