Has anyone here read about the med records of JFK?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Nov 16, 2002.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I just finished reading a link article from the NYTimes today about the release of John F Kennedy's medical records... now I'm not trying to diagnose him but if you read the article it is amazing to see that he had terrible bouts of back pain and adrenal problems... seems to have had many lido injections in his back... took gamma globulin for frequent infections... and is famous for the quote.. life is not fair... some people are sick and others are well... I had to share this stuff with ya'll... I betcha a doughnut he had what WE HAVE!!!!! whatever "they " want to call it!!!!!! go find a link to this off any news web site and read it,,,,, its fascinating!!!!!! Good luck!
  2. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I just finished reading a link article from the NYTimes today about the release of John F Kennedy's medical records... now I'm not trying to diagnose him but if you read the article it is amazing to see that he had terrible bouts of back pain and adrenal problems... seems to have had many lido injections in his back... took gamma globulin for frequent infections... and is famous for the quote.. life is not fair... some people are sick and others are well... I had to share this stuff with ya'll... I betcha a doughnut he had what WE HAVE!!!!! whatever "they " want to call it!!!!!! go find a link to this off any news web site and read it,,,,, its fascinating!!!!!! Good luck!
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Another high profile person I wonder about is Howard Hughes. He went into social isolation after a plane crash with back injuries. But that didn't stop him from doing business from his bed....they just thought he was eccentric (SP)....I wonder if he had CFS/FM............ DJ
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2002]
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

The article also stated he was on painkillers and Ritalin, as well. My husband called me to the computer to read it when he saw it and he made some remarks about the amount of meds he was taking, and it stopped me cold. I waited a moment (so I wouldn't *attack* him) and told him I was on a lot of those meds too.
  5. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Yes, it does sound like he was suffering in many areas with our symptoms. I did not realize he had serious back problems, he always presented himself as such an athletic individual.
    May be interestng to read the book by his physician.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

but I was under the impression that JFK had Addison's disease which shares many symptoms with CFIDS. Anyone else know?
    Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2002]
  7. jaysie99

jaysie99 New Member

Yes, JFK had Addison's Disease. It has many symptoms similar to CFIDS.

Take Good Care,

Jaysie
  8. Hippo

Hippo New Member

remember that JFK took amphetamine shots to enable himself to function. I am a fan of President Kennedy, too, but we could probably all do more if we had Dr. Max Jacobson and his "vitamin" shots on call.

Hippo
  9. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I doubt he had FM or he wouldn't have been able to function as Prez at all. He did have Addison's and two cracked vertebrae, along with advanced degenerative arthritis in his back. Top that off with anxiety disorder and he was on lots of meds!

Marilyn :)
  10. dlizard

dlizard New Member

back then... he may not have "really" had addison's... don't alot of us have those symptoms... maybe they just treated him... and think about that... he got lots o pain meds.. but we don't... they make us feel like beggars when we are at our wit's end... I simply find it fascinating... he surely had alot of problems.... I wonder if he ever got foggy>??????? and yeah I admire(d) him too!
  11. jaysie99

jaysie99 New Member

I saw on the news tonight... a government official and a Dr. saying that all the meds didn't affect JFK's judgement or his ability to serve as President (he was on narcotics and Ritalin). I believe that it didn't affect his judgement and no one ever questioned it But, it sure makes me wonder why the rest of us have to suffer under such a stereotype when we take the absolute same drugs. Those records were sealed for 30 years so apparently they felt the public would not like knowing their leader was on controlled substances (I don't think there were any controls then). If Government officials can stand up publicly on a national news show and say his medicine didn't affect him then why does the Government give the rest of us such a hard time when it comes to controlled substances?

Take Good Care,

Jaysie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2002]