has anyone here read "THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE"?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by another_painful_day, Feb 11, 2004.

1. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

My mom-in-law, God bless her heart, sent this to me and hubby for xmas. So far its wonderful. Ive only read to day 4. Im HOPING itll help me find MY true purpose....sometimes I feel like I was put here in life to suffer, make bad choices and live in regret.

I was just curious if anyone else read the entire book and how they felt it may have impacted their life.

Im hoping itll impact mine in a more positive way since things are truly at the bottom of the mountain right now in a pile of mudd...and they dont seem like they are going to be going anywhere anytime soon.
  2. blessings

blessings New Member

I have not read the book, but I love to read and sounds like a book that would hold my interest and be a beneficial blessing too.

I understand also, what you mean when you wrote of the reason you felt like you were put here...have done that too.

Hopefully, I will be able to obtain that book, I am in the midst of reading about 3 right now.

As a child, one of the farms where we lived, was at the end of a very long, dusty lane. In fair weather, it was dusty, in cold wintry weather, it was trecherous, in rainy weather , it was deeply rutted with squiggly tire tracks, the mud taking the car wheels where they did not want to go, oftimes, getting stuck in the mud! But this is the road we had to travel to get home.

I heard an analagy of the Christian life. And this minister likened the Christian walk to two roads, one being a smooth highway , with very few bumps and curves. the other being like the one I described above. In the analagy, these roads ran paralell, but the destination was Home. For whatever His purpose is, there are some of us that are on the smooth highway and others on the rutted road, but the Promise of Hope is that both roads lead to the eternal City of God.

Each day is in His Hands, and though the journey is rough and rutted with regret, it is by His power that we will make it. Praise His Holy Name!!! Love to you , blessings

[This Message was Edited on 02/11/2004]
  3. J-in-Ohio

J-in-Ohio New Member

read that book for a while, just don't have the funds for extras right now. I look at it everytime I'm at the Christian book store. I do have the book "The Purpose Driven Church" that was recommended for our church council. It's been a few years since I read that one, but it had good advice for our church's direction.
  4. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

But, I plan on it soon. I heard it was a wonderful book

Hugs,
    Luann
  5. Mo23

Mo23 New Member

I recently read this book and found it to have a truly positive
    effect on the way I will now view my life. It has helped me with coping and understanding with the "why do these things happen" in mine and other loved ones lives. I rec. this book without
    hesitation and read and re-read it daily to help with the trials and tribulations of life. Hope you will find it as inspirational.

6. loriRn

loriRn New Member

Reading it now. Our church is doing a weekly study group on this book also for lent. I've also started reading a chapter a day reading outloud to my family also. My husbands not much of a reader and I want my kids to hear this message also.
    This past Saturday they had the authou, Rick Warren, do a similcast. I saw it at our church. It was awesome!. Not a dry eye in the house. Lori.
  7. mountainG

mountainG New Member

Hi APD, My sister gave me the book for Christmas and I have already read the whole thing. It is one of the most inspirational books I have read. I feel so much better about my self and why I am here. I urge anyone reading this to get the book.