Has anyone here tried acyclovir?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Apr 14, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I have not had shingles but do have hhv6, cmv and ebv. I also have severe neuropathy. Has anyone had luck with this drug? From what I have read it is a safe drug.
  2. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I took it during a period of increased fatigue and weakness. While it didn't seem to cause any side effects, I can't say it helped either. Good luck, Diane
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I've been taking Acyclovir since January. When I started it, I saw no side effects, but I also can't say it has helped. If it is helping, it is subtle--very subtle.

I have high EBV and CMV titers. I haven't had HHV6 tested. I'm planning to stop the Acyclovir for a while and try the transfer factors I bought.

I've read in other posts that Famvir and Valtrex are more effective antivirals. My insurance wouldn't cover those, which is why I'm stuck with Acyclovir (unless I want to pay a lot more for the "better" AV's).
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Famvir is so expensive. I find the Acyclovir has more side effects and it makes me feel sick. Pusling my transfer factors seems to be more effective for me now. Famvir is a newer AV with fewer side effects.

Love, Mikie