Has anyone here tried the Proboost Thymic Protein?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by renjanson, May 26, 2006.

1. renjanson

renjanson New Member

I am trying some different things that I have been reading about for my Cfids.
    I had never heard of this before and was wondering if anyone here has tried this, and if so, how did it work for you?
    Any side effects?
    Thanks.
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I use ProBoost regularly. It helps most when you use at least 3 a day but is very expensive that way. I always take 1 in the evening and if I am fighting a virus I take one packet every 2 to 4 hours. It usually nails a sore throat within hours for me, sometimes minutes.

I don't really have any serious side effects; I feel a little 'different' for a few minutes after I take one, but not in a scary way - just something noticable but not really definable.
    Hope this helps!

Gretchen
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I've taken it for months. I noticed it helped when I first started taking it..
    I just ran out..and not sure whether to re-order....because I feel better overall and I'm not sure if it's having any impact.

On the other hand, maybe it's one of the reasons I'm feeling better? Or maybe it's the Vit D?

I guess I'll take a holiday from it and see.

Long story short. It was useful. I didn't notice any adverse side-effects.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I've used it, and yes, it did help me quite a bit. I have been wanting to reorder it, but as always, money limits what I can buy. But, I definatley give it a thumbs up.
  5. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

imho, proboost is one of the most effective, yet also gentle supplements one can take for strengthening the immune system. every other approach i've tried on the immune side of things (ie. transfer factor, anti-virals) has been way too stimulating for me. on the proboost web site, you can find information on studies particularly relating to CFS and chronic epstein barr infections. it's a shame it's so expensive.

eddie
  6. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Does anyone take just one packet a day? That is all I can afford, I wonder if it does me any good at all? Do you all take 3 a day?
  7. renjanson

renjanson New Member

Thanks to all of you who answered the post.
    I just ordered some from Pro Health.
    Hope it helps.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2006]
  8. renjanson

renjanson New Member

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I just looked it up and it says you can even take one every other day.

Every time I see a post on the things available here, I check them out and often put them in my cart for the new order.

I haven't received any yet, but I'm looking forward to trying a few things.

Ya know....in all of this brain fog, it never occurred to me to try the things they have here...duh!!! Can't wait to get started!!

Nancy B.
  10. renjanson

renjanson New Member

11. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Thanks Nancy, I thought I read on the box that it says you can take between 1-3 a day or so..I dont have my box anymore..

Take care,
    Suz
  12. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

ProBoost was one of things that helped me stay in remission. I worked all last year in a school, but decided to cut down this summer. I relapsed due to being exposed to a lot of things. I should have stayed on the ProBoost. I am on it now.

Proboost 3x a day during bad times, indefinitely. One a day isn't enough during chronic infections.

CherylSue