Has anyone here with FM used or tried SAM-e?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Curious about others experiences with it. I know that everyone is different and what works for one may not work at all for others.

Also trying to figure out the best time to take it. i know it is supposed to be taken about 30 min. before meals. I can't do that in the morning since I also take thyroid meds.

I am starting low and slow as they say since I have high b/p and need to watch what I take. So far I have only taken one dose today of the 200 mg. I heard from my DH couzin I just "met" online tht she also has FM and she takes SAM-e and really loves it. It helps her a lot she said. I had thought about it before but haven't tried it mostly due to its cost.

I am not highly depressed but I surely could use a pickup . This constant pain I know nags on me and makes be bark at DH at times and be grouchy. Wondering if it will have any effect on my b/p one way or the other. I hae had FM for about 25 years.

Hope to hear from some of you have tried it.

2. victoria

victoria New Member

My son and I both do, for energy & to keep inflammation down. I also think it helps with his depression, something I'm not bothered much by thankfully. We also found it helps our immune system, helped me to get rid of semi-monthly bouts of flu along with use of thymulus some years ago as things really started to go downhill.

It won't hurt to give it a try and see if it works. Just be sure to buy the kind that is foil wrapped, do not buy the kind that are just pills in a bottle - they oxidate quickly and won't work. When NOW first came out with them that way, I bought them since they were so much cheaper but I could tell the difference within 3 days and had to throw them away.

good luck...