Has anyone lost their sense of smell???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jole, Jan 30, 2007.

1. jole

jole Member

I've noticed a gradual decrease in my sense of smell for quite some time, to the point that it is now almost nonexistant. I have always loved candles, and can't smell them anymore. Food has no smell whatsoever. I am getting paranoid about it, wondering how the house smells, how I smell, etc.

Anyone else have this happen, or is it just me??? Thanks.
  2. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

And sense of taste too. I can still smell alot of things, (mostly bad things!) it just seems that it has faded. Not sure if this is fibro/c. fatigue related?

Warmly,
    maggie
  3. Yes I noticed it years ago, my ent dr. said it was caused by allergies.?????
  4. jackrorabbit

jackrorabbit New Member

Now I smell far more than I used to, and things(like popcorn) that I used to love the smell of make me queasy. Fibro is such a bizzare condition that you never know what to expect next. Do you have post-nasal drip? If so you could have a sinus infection that you are unaware of. I had 4 surgeries for chronic sinus infection which either kicked off or came at the same time as my Fibro did. The worst part is the chronic sinusitus never seems to completely go away. Good luck to you. I hope its just a temporary thing.