Has anyone noticed certain foods causing your pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elobet, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Elobet

Elobet New Member

Ok maybe this sounds strange BUT I did read one girls story on the internet somewhere saying that she was a diet soda junkie and she noticed that it REALLY affected her FM.She stopped drinking it and it significantly reduced her pain. Wee, I just happen to drink diet everything alot and sure enough when i stopped, my pain wasnt as bad. I guess its the aspartame in the soda. As I started reading labels more often I realized that alot of stuff has aspartame in it EVEN GUM! 3 big thinks I buy are Diet soda, light yogurt & gum. all contain this. Who knows maybe this isnt the case for everyone but are there any foods in particular that seem to effect you like this?? I just thought this would be interesting to see the responses. ~ Elobet
  2. Sheshi16

Sheshi16 New Member

I don't eat or ingest any of these items and I still hurt like #$%@^&!!
    shelli
  3. Elobet

Elobet New Member

I dont anymore shelli, and i still feel like crap too. But the pain was excuciating ALL the time, literally. Now it just hurts all the time. if that makes sense. My meds help alot tho.
  4. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

If you type "aspartame" in the search messages box you can read all kinds of info from past posts about this product.
    Here's one:
    http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=166784&B=FM#166784
  5. Elobet

Elobet New Member

Im gonna go check out that link now. I really appreciate it :)
  6. pamela

pamela New Member

I quit sugar, and anything that has lactose, dextrose, sucrose and glucose. Anything that ends with "ose'. I also quit carbs..that means potatoes, pasta, white bread, and peas and carrots. Any veggie that has sugar or is white throw it out. Don't eat anything white. No cokes or diet sodas. It all makes people with FMS hurt more. Do a simple diet on protein and some veggies. Veggies that are not sweet. Drink lots of water. If you follow this plan and also cut out the yeast I think you'll feel some better. Hope this helps Pamela
  7. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Dear Pamela: What is wrong wtih eating the "root "veggies the macrobiotic diet emphasizes as long as they are "balanced" also emphsized by a macrobiotic counselor that cooked for me one wk. about a yr. ago,

like turnips, parnsips carrots, and by balanced they say with greens, grains, they use sunflower and pumpkin seeds

As far as yeast, their are so many different diets, the oringial book on yeast dr. crooks says nothign about no carrots parnships potatoes,

Do you think balance is the key? IS your statemetns from personal experience or from some "diet"?? just asking

and what is left for you to eat, especially if one has numerous food sensitivties like many of us

i'm suppposed to be on a rotation per food allergy testing and parsnips and carrots and turnips are some of those i DID NOT have reaction to (ALLCAT its a delayed onset type testing "unmasked" ) by blood they say 84 % accurate but who knows?

thanks for help, their are so many diets i am more confused than ever

thanks paul mark in ky
    paulstory@iolky.com

8. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Dear Pamela: What is wrong wtih eating the "root "veggies the macrobiotic diet emphasizes as long as they are "balanced" also emphsized by a macrobiotic counselor that cooked for me one wk. about a yr. ago,

like turnips, parnsips carrots, and by balanced they say with greens, grains, they use sunflower and pumpkin seeds

As far as yeast, their are so many different diets, the oringial book on yeast dr. crooks says nothign about no carrots parnships potatoes,

Do you think balance is the key? IS your statemetns from personal experience or from some "diet"?? just asking

and what is left for you to eat, especially if one has numerous food sensitivties like many of us

i'm suppposed to be on a rotation per food allergy testing and parsnips and carrots and turnips are some of those i DID NOT have reaction to (ALLCAT its a delayed onset type testing "unmasked" ) by blood they say 84 % accurate but who knows?

thanks paul mark in ky
    paulstory@iolky.com

9. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

thanks paul mark in ky
    paulstory@iolky.com