Has anyone ordered from Schwan's?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gb66, Mar 16, 2010.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I was looking at the Schwan's website and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them. The food looks really good and they do deliver in my area. Some of the items are not too expensive and I think it would make it easier for me to cook sometimes. Preparing meals from scratch is so tiring for me now. I am in so much more pain than I used to be and cooking is getting to be more and more of a chore.

We eat a lot of chicken and I usually cook in it the slow cooker but their individual chicken breasts are pre-cooked and you just put them in the oven or micro for a while. Much easier. If anyone has used them, please share your experiences with me. I am SO tired. Thanks, GB66

[This Message was Edited on 03/17/2010]
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I must have a neighbor who does this because I see the truck every week or so. Please post if you find out.
  3. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Nick, the Schwan man comes to my house every two weeks...i can order ahead of time on the computer, if I want....I also have his cell number so that he can be contacted if i don't want anything, or if I want him to come inside and put the stuff in my freezer so I don't have to get out of bed when he comes.....of course, we live in a small town and I have had the same schwan guy for a few years....

you can also have the food left outside your house, in the garage or where ever in a special freezer bag....

the food is really good....the ice cream is to die for!!! the best I have ever tasted! there are low fat treats as well....the fudgecicles are zero points on weight watchers!!! the sugar free ones, that is....the kids love the summer sausage and the frozen muffin pucks that you put in a muffin pan and bake....so yummy!

the bad thing is i think their food is kind of expensive. We have 3 kids at home now and we can't afford to buy very many items because my sons can eat a 10.00 bag of mini corn dogs in one day....the food is better than frozen food at the grocery store but $$$$....also, i tried a "family" sized stir fry meal and it was supposed to feed 4-6 people....it fed my husband and I, barely...so, be ready to stretch the meal out with bread and a salad and dessert....

If you are living alone, or are only a couple rather than a big family, Schwans would be great for a majority of your food....for a family, it is more of a special thing....

I don't feel guilty if I don't want anything when Nick comes to the door.....I even tell him when I am broke and can't afford anything....he is very nice....he has dog biscuits in his pockets for our dogs.... oh, and i am always in my pj's when he comes....he doesn't make me feel bad about it at all....

so, great food* good service* prices a bit high* convenient! *lots of choices and lowfat choices/sugar free.....
  4. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

we used to buy from Schwan's all the time. They have really good food, but it just got too expensive for us. We tried alot of their items and they were all really good. Makes life alot easier too because they come right to your home. Hope this Helps
  5. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

We did use them some for a while. The food was mostly good, but I don't think it was better than what's available from the frozen food section of the grocer -- and it was certainly more expensive.

Our delivery person began getting more and more pushy trying to get us to order something every time or to increase our orders (which I totally understand if he's on commission) so in the end I decided to end the aggravation for both his sake and my own.

Best wishes,
  6. gtpgirl

gtpgirl New Member

We have been with Schwans for about 4-5 years now. I like it, because I can look thru everything on the computer and they have reviews and recipes and stuff. There is a few things that I found that are cheaper than the store. You just have to compare how much is in there package to the price and compare it to the stores. Also, factor in the convenience. There's also different ways to pay them. My Schwans guy is great and never pushy.I think you should try them a few times. Remember their serving size can be different than the stores. Also, if you try something and don't like i they will take it back and refund your money. Hope this helps.
  7. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Juloo, Just Google Schwan's and read all of their info. There's lots to look at.

Thank you very much to all the others who responded to this post. I am definitely going to order some of their ready to bake meat entrees. There's just the two of us, so I think that some of these packages will last for another meal or two. It sound like a really helpful alternative to cooking. Hugs to all GB66