has anyone read about megadoses of vit. c to help pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sunflowergirl, Nov 14, 2013.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I was reading up on this board re; this for stenosis and wondering if anyone has tried this and gotten relief?

I suffer from cervical and lumbar stenosis and seem to be going thru really bad period with pain and tingling in my legs and arms.
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Sun, I've never done the mega Vit C, but I do take upwards of 3000mg of Vit C daily NOW....I like Jarrow's Buffered Vit C with Citrus Bioflavonoids.....750mg per tablet, and it's not hard chalky tab....I take a couple at a time thru the day.....I guess I'm not willing to try the mega dosing.... I'm back to acupuncture for knee and ankle and shoulder.....every part needs help. My knee was getting so stiff and I did a tad movement from the other day's treatment.

I have a friend who has a horrible stiff fused neck and she is back to her acupuncturist for 2 treatments per week for who knows how long...she is getting stiffness in arms and tingling in hands....so she had to bite the bullet and go back...she went to him for a long time for other issues and she is a happy camper with acupuncture, but she is short on funds....so it's a real stretch.

It's all management...as best we can.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi GS and Jam

I had a lot of back pain several months ago. A gal who works in the health food, supplement business
    told me high doses of vitamin C (five or 6 thousand mgs a day) took away her back pain. Sounded like
    nonsense to me, but I tried it for some weeks. (Till the bottle was empty.)

Had no effect on my pain. Wikipedia has an article on too much "C". Can cause lots of problems
    like increased cancer risk.

The conclusion was: we need more research so we can see.

Hope you guys can find something. Jam, it's a shame your hip surgery didn't turn out
    better.

Rock
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

High dose intravenous Vitamin C therapy has been shown to act as a chemotherapy for some cancers.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Sunflower - check out the Vitamin C Foundation on line. You will find a lot of info about Vitamin C and there is also a forum.