Has anyone read "Adrenal Fatigue" by James Wilson?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Mar 24, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I believe I have seen posts about it, but could find none when I clicked to do a search. It seems like a useful book- lots of practical info and ways to change your lifestyle to protect from future "crashes". The dietary recommendations seem good- think we'll give it a try. He comments that most of traditional medicine does not recognize adrenal fatigue as a condition...how true. We've had that experience with our son at a major medical facility in Seattle. Let me know your thoughts on this book... Terri
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I got many hits when I put those wrods in a search engine.

I marked it and will read later......thanks

Blessings.......Susan
    EDITING: Also found the book at Amazon Books.....[This Message was Edited on 03/24/2006]
  3. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I bought and read the book when I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. It makes a lot of sense and has some good suggestions--some practical for me & some not. I also ordered and took some of Wilson's supplements, but I saw no improvement; however, I've since learned that I also have Lyme disease, complicating things.

Has your son found anything that helps? I took the adrenal supplement Adrenogen for about a year, but all it did was increase my appetite (something I don't need.) Let us know what helps, if you try anything new.
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

5. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Sorry, I can't comment too much. I've read little bits of it and have done some research on it. It seems that many people have symptoms of adrenal fatigue on this board, but it could be other things too.

Symptoms are similar to other diseases. The only way to really know if one has adrenal fatigue is to do a Adrenal Saliva test. It costs $200. I did one because my doc asked me to.

All it showed was that my cortisol levels were elevated at all the time zones tested except 7-8:00am. DHEA was low too. So far my doc hasn't done anything with this info because he thinks that once I get the pesticides and mercury out, I will do much better. We'll see. I do take some adrenal support supplements to keep the gland healthy and happy. Who knows!!

Did I tell you that I bought a Far Infrared Sauna??? It gets delivered in two weeks. My doc suggested that I buy one. I don't think he wants me to be on a mercury chelator because of my juvenile diabetes. Too stressful to my organs, I guess. This is supposed to help detox pesticides and mercury. Apparently, this is the best way to get them out.

Hugs,

skierchik
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

MaryCecelia....My son is taking Cortef...he takes 20 mg. daily (it's by prescription) and it's to support his adrenals. Seems to help. I thought it was helping his immune, but was told that it acts more like an immune suppressant, so I don't know what to think.

Skierchik...that's great about your new far infrared sauna! I'll bet you will be doing saunas almost daily now...after skiing? Let me know how it helps with your detox program....Love, Terri
    [This Message was Edited on 03/25/2006]