has anyone read the book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lauralea443, Oct 6, 2005.

1. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About
    by Kevin Trudeau

I just ordered this book and am interested to know what he says about FM and pain.

It a money back if not satified, and I also saw it at WalMart. So I know it's not just a TV thing.

Just wondering if anyone has read it yet and what you think.

Thanks
    Laura

2. Empower

Empower New Member

I was intrigued by his infomercial too, but I have had some people report that the book really was a waste of money.

If anyone disagrees, please post!
  3. rt6176

rt6176 New Member

Laura,

You've just been scammed.

Do not spend another cent on this person's ideas.

This book will take you to his website where you have to subscribe. (more money).

This guy is not a doctor.

If you want to do research, post your questions here.

Members will respond on what is good to read.

Good Luck,

RJay

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2005]
  4. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

i guess we are always looking for the one thing that will work.

Well at least I can get my money back, and if not it's only 25 bucks or so.

Thanks for the input.
    Laura
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I also wondered about the book. I went to Borders where it is on sale and pulled up a chair and looked through it. To be honest I didn't really see anything to support his claims or that I didn't already know and yes he did direct you to his website from the book. some of it was a tease.

I have also heard the Government (whichever agency regulates this stuff) has banned him from selling products and he was fined for a scam in the past. This is why he is selling a book. That said I am constantly defending the FFC. People who have never gone bash it so You may find something worth while in it. I did not read the book only looked through it. When you get it read it and post what you think! Good Luck Lynn

Kevin Trudeau has been a familiar face on TV. He has pushed various products into the market over the years through his unique TV commercials. His products include beauty products, memory enhancement products, reading improvement products, coral calcium, natural cures, etc. "Mega Memory System," "The Mega Reading System", "An Addiction Breaking System," "Action Reading System," "Eden's Secret," "Hair Farming", etc. are some of his successful products.

Kevin Trudeau has made a lot of money by winning the confidence of the people about his products. He is a shrewd marketer who has the distinction of being different in promoting his products.

Kevin Trudeau started promoting his products on radio and TV in a very unconventional way. He presents his infomercials in news format, which lends more credibility to his advertisements. The advertisements do not look like advertisements, but like normal news. They had names such as "A Closer Look" and he packaged them into talk shows and interview programs. He developed and hosted those infomercials with two infomercial production companies, Tru-Vantage L.L.C. and Mega Systems, Inc. Because of Kevin Trudeau’s tactics, the channels now clarify to the viewers about such advertisements before airing them.

Because of the way he promotes his products, Kevin Trudeau has been a controversial person. Although millions of americans trust Kevin millions of Americans do not trust in him and his products. They allege that the products hardly deliver what he promises on the TV.

Kevin Trudeau claimed on the TV that his products such as "Eden's Secret Nature's Purifying Product" clean and purify the body. He also claimed that this particular product could cause significant weight loss and cure several problems including PMS. In another program "Doctor Callahan's Addiction Breaking System", Kevin Trudeau claimed that this product could cure different types of addictions such as alcohol, tobacco, cocaine, and heroin consumption. He made several other lofty claims in his infomercials on TV. Unfortunately, the FTC found those infomercials to be deceptive and slapped a fine on him several times.

The FTC forced Kevin Trudeau to pay thousands of dollars in consumer redress. It has also severely affected his partner Jeffrey Salberg of Mega Systems International, Inc. Many consumers have gotten back their money spent on his products and even with damages in some cases.

In a latest case, the FTC has slapped a fine of two million dollars on Kevin Trudeau for making fraudulent and misleading claims about a health product. Besides the fine, the FTC has also banned him from appearing on TV to promote his products
  6. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

DH bought 2, I for me & i for his mom, but at least his heart was in the right place.

Dee
  7. kalaya

kalaya New Member

This guy is a total charletan.He comes across as if he has broad medical knowledge but in reality he is just trying to cleverly package a way to get your money.There are NO CURES AT ALL FOR FIBRO OF CFIDS IN THE BOOK.He wants you to believe that the FDA is corrupt[and hes right they are]and because of this they are witholding a cure for basicaly every illness known to humankind.Turn and walk away from this book and this Bozo.
  8. lilbird

lilbird New Member

I just read the book. I did not buy it to find a cure. I bought it to see what he says about the FDA and the pharmaceutical company's. Keven claims that these guys are corrupt. That they are trying to keep us sick so they can make money. I have to say, I wouldn't really doubt it. He also talks allot about the clorine in our water, the floride in our tooth paste, the toxins in our food.

I do not think this guy is credable , I won't buy into his website and a cure NO WAY. But I do think that he had some valid points.

Cathy