Has anyone read the recent Womans World Mag?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fifthofanickel, Jan 29, 2009.

1. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

In it, it has an article written by a woman w/fibro..And she has her own approach to the disease. She has a web site w/her "approach" presented. If you get a chance, read it, it might be worthwhile to some...To me, it seemed the same ole, same ole. But everyone is different in dealing w/this dd...The article includes the wording thegroveapproach & you know what else too add...

Other than that, I haven't posted for awhile, but for anyone that's interested, my fibro is getting worse as time goes by..I've tried all the supplements I could afford, I'm med sensitive so can't really try too many of them, also med rx's, food triggers, etc. to no avail...More or less stuck at home other than going to church, regular shopping, I'm pretty much housebound. Boring to say the least, esp. w/the exceptionally cold winter we are having. Can't go outside much, as my bronchitis flares.

What a life...Can't go out winter or summer much at all. In the summer I flare w/the heat/humidity...

I have read "90 minutes in Heaven" & "Heaven is Real" by Don Piper & it really does give a person hope & how he has handled his disabilities. He was hit by a semi truck & was considered dead for 90min. Mangled body & went thru many surgeries & heartbreak, depression, & all the rest of it. It has helped me greatly in accepting my "new normal" as he calls it..Might be worth the read...

Blessings to all of you;
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Thanks Fifth...I haven't read the article in Womans World but I did read 90 minutes in Heaven. I also thought it was a inspiring book.

I am sorry to hear that your FM is giving you fits...Just when you think you have it figured out Fibro throws you a new curve.

Blessing to you also;
  3. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi! I don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer" but that website is only selling information. I feel if I had the ability to create books, excercise programs, etc. that truly work for all of us who are desperate for relief, I wouldn't sell it to make a profit. I would maybe ask for donations or something. Or at least post the information for people to print out if they are strapped for cash like most of us.

I hope it is helping you all though. I just want us all to have a way to feel good again.

4. polarbears

polarbears New Member

I agree with you if she really did find the answer to fibro you would think that she get on the message bourds and go on the talk shows and get the information out. I did read the article in womans world but I have read so many useless articles in that magazine on health that I really do not believe what they write to me they are almost a tabloid womans magazine.