Has anyone received benefits from UNUM.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by calzy, Dec 17, 2005.

1. calzy

calzy New Member

after being reconsidered due to the "spanking" they received from the Dept. Of Labor? Im waiting to have my case reviewed from 2002. Im just curious if anyone on this board has been reconsidered and awarded back benefits from this evil company.

Wishing all of you health for the New Year.

Mary Jane
  2. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I was lucky and was approved about 6 months after I became disabled. (although in the mean while I lost my home and my car and everything else!)
    When I was approved they did say that I would only recieve LTD for 2 years, since my dissability is a self reported symptom. I have found from this web sight that I should fight them on this!
    Go to the search bar at the top left hand corner of the page and put in Unum provident. You will find a plethera of usefull info and stories!!!!!!!! Joy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]
  3. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

Yes, I have had alot o experience with UNUM. That company drove me crazy!!!!!! It took me along time for me to pass & receive money from them. Just hang in there, and be sure to keep good records/documentation and follow-up constanly. If

If I remember correctly, they were always asking for letters from the drs. It really helps to have a great medical team that knows what to write to get them to pass you fairly quickly. They finally passed me and then got off of my back. GOOD LUCK!!!

PIRT