Has anyone recovered from CFS and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gary475, Mar 28, 2010.

1. gary475

gary475 New Member

Hi I was just wondering if any of you have fully recovered from CFS and Fibro?

My doctor indicated that mine if due to a virus and that it will go away but I have been sick since July so I am starting to wonder.

Also, do any of you have bumps on the roof of your mouth? When I got this I noticed the bumps which is weird.

Can any of you tell me what meds work for you. My friend mentioned a mushroom helped a lady she knew in the past that suffered from CFS.

I am on so many RX's right now, it is scary and I am only 40. This is affecting my 19 year marriage and my job. I am on disability now but my boss that me that if I am not back soon he will terminate my employment...

2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

gary... you are lucky in a sense because you got the illnesses when great strides are being made in research. i believe that in a few years, complete recovery will not be so rare.

right now, there are a handful of recovery stories involving antivirals, antibiotics, etc etc.

you haven't been sick long, so your chances are great at getting your life back eventually...you will just need to be patient for the next while.

in the meantime, be sure to get tested for active EBV, CMV, HHV6, lyme, mycoplasmas, and, this spring, XMRV.

good luck
  3. loto

loto Member

Have known I've had it for almost 2 years.

I've finally found that at the moment this combination of meds is what works for me:

120 mg Cymbalta daily at bedtime (because it makes me sleepy)
    Hydrocodone-- 7.5/3.25 mg up to 8 times daily
    Adderall -- 10 mg daily

**I just started the Adderall a couple of weeks ago, and it has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!
    Since I've started it, I haven't had to take as much hydrocodone, my energy level is up, my mood is better, and I haven't had to take Omeprozole for my acid reflux, AND my IBS is pretty much nonexsistent. My theory is that since FM affects the central nervous system, and my acid reflux and IBS are due to the FM, it's helping all of my symptoms. I only hope and pray that the Adderall continues to work for me and I don't build a tolerance to it.

Hope you find the right meds to help you. It took me 2 years to find this combination to make me able to function from the time I get up every morning to the time I go to bed.

Best wishes to you!

4. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

5. ulala

ulala New Member

can come from the coxsackie virus. Some doctors think that coxsackie B virus is the cause of CFS. Right now there is no good treatment for coxsackie but hopefully there will be soon.

If you click on the first picture in this link it shows pictures of the blisters on the roof of the mouth. Warning-It's not a pretty picture!

Dr. Chia treated some of his coxsackie patients with Interferon but the side effects were bad enough that he stopped that mode of treatment. He does use oxymatrine as a treatment for coxsackie and he has his own formula that he gives some of his patients.

Coxsackie can cause white blister type sores in the mouth. I don't know where you live but Dr. Chia is in Torrance, Ca. and does blood tests and stomach biopsies for coxsackie viruses.

Good luck and best wishes!
    <[This Message was Edited on 03/29/2010]
  6. quanked

quanked Member

Thanks for this post--I was not aware of this information. I was aware of not pushing myself but this energy envelope idea explains so thouroughly what I have gone through for years now.

I am coping pasting it into a document.
  7. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I do believe that the cause of these illnesses is infectious.

Many people here have later found that they had a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) and other common coinfections like Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, etc.

Babesia is known for causing overwhelming fatigue, migraines, sweats and air hunger...but not always.

Lyme commonly causes fatigue, pain, and cognitive problems, among many other symptoms.

Bartonella commonly causes enlarged lymph nodes and anxiety or depression.

I too thought my illness (FM) was caused by a virus for 21 years.

Finally I opened my mind to the possibility of lyme and coinfections and found that I had it despite negative tests.

Now I am getting treatment and improving....after 22 years. Same thing happened to over a hundred other people from this board.

99% of Dr's do not know how to recognize, diagnose or treat chronic lyme and coinfections.

They run a "lyme test", see a negative result and say"you don't have lyme"...which is dead wrong.

Please read this important info....

symptom list p 9-11 and coinfection symptom info p 22-27.....

There is a great medical questions board at lymenet.org where you can discuss your symptoms with many other people who were first diagnosed with CFS and FM, who later found they had lyme, babesia, bartonella, ehrlichia, etc.
  8. MrHappyGoLucky12

MrHappyGoLucky12 New Member

Yes, I have completely recovered for four years, but am currently experiencing a terrible relapse.
  9. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

can u start a thread telling us how u got cfs the first time and how u recovered and about your relapse/cause now. Im interested to know and i think others would be as well.

10. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

I came down gradually with CFS in 2006. I do not have viruses and I doubt I have lyme because of my specific symptoms. I did not have a viral onset. My worst issue is over-all body fatigue. In 2008 January I started to feel better and within a few weeks was back to normal. I could do yoga and dance again. I was extremely elated and I thought my illness was over and done with. Later that year I noticed the fatigue creeping back in. In 2009 it was full on back. Other than that remission my symptoms do not change and there are no ups and downs, it is just a flat suspension where I cannot do most things, am mostly homebound, can only walk not exercise, etc. I keep hoping for another remission or a recovery. I was not on any special medication or any alternative or conventional treatments when I got well.