has anyone seen Dr. Don Goldenberg in Newton, MA??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamj, Jun 10, 2005.

1. pamj

pamj New Member

I love my current doctor, but my insurance does not cover my visits and the cost is getting to be too much.

I heard that Dr. Goldenberg directs the Fibromyalgia Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, and he is on my list of providers for my HMO. He is supposed to be an expert in Fibro & CFS, and has written a book. It all sounds good, but I consider myself to have more trouble with the CFS symptoms.

Does anyone have any experience with him?

thanks, Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2005]
  2. pamj

pamj New Member

that's the reply I was hoping for :)
    Thanks so much for the great info!

when I did a search for him up above, the only people who saw him were from a couple of years ago, and they weren't all positive. A couple hadn't seen him for about 10 years.

I wonder if there is anyone here who is currently seeing him, or has seen him more recently. I'm curious on his treatment plans compared to what I'm currently doing.

thanks, Pam
  3. ishtardnce

ishtardnce New Member

hello pam,

i am new to the list, but have an appointment with Dr. Goldenberg set up (not til january - but am hoping for a cancellation to get in sooner). my rheumy referred me to him as he feels he can't really help me anymore.

i'm wondering if you saw Dr. Goldenberg - and if so - if you'd be willing to share your experience/opinions.

thanks,

--greta
  4. gravitychallenged

gravitychallenged New Member

Pam,

I tried to get an appointment with Dr. Goldenberg just after I was diagnosed with fibro back in 1992. He was booked for 3 months solid, made the appt, but didn't want to wait that long. At that time he was one of the only doctors that worked with fibro patients and that is why I went to him.

The only thing I do remeber hearing about him then was that he did not believe that CFS really existed. He only thought that fibro was a real diease. That theory was coommon among many Rheumatologists at the time. When I heard that, I cancelled my appt.

GC
  5. sleepygirl2006

sleepygirl2006 New Member

I have to report that he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. He also notes in his book that the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrom often overlap with Fibromyalgia.

I would be surprised if he "didn't believe in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome".

He was a very supportive compassionate man.
  6. Defibro

Defibro New Member

I am not too impressed.
    I was already Dx. with FMS, and he confirmed it.
    I was already taking Neuronton, he asked me to continue, and Neuronton did not help. He suggested also Klonopin, which helped in the begining, then stopped.
    He also asked me to get a Rheumy, to continue the treatment under his instructions. No one here in AZ wanted to do it.
    He mentioned that he will get sombody to do it, he could not.
    After the consultation, he asks you if you want to attend a 45 min. about fibro,I did, and it was a waste of money. He tells you all the stuff you can find on the web, or books.
    I ended up last year at the FFC, it was worst it..

My advice is this: He is a good Dr., But If you have been Dxd already, he has very little to add, in my humble opinion. If not then go by all means to see him, to get the proper DX. especially if your first Dr. is not sure of what you have.

best of luck