Has anyone seen the morphine sulfate recall

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Feb 8, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I received an email from FDA that included the liquid morphine 20mg/ml and the generic morphine pills listed on a volintary recall due to possible stronger than stated doses! I called the pharmacy where I get my meds filled and they said they hadnt heard of it . I called them on friday but they never called back with any information . When I said I have three bottles that match the recall numbers she just said all of ours are that number and we probabely cant get any other ??? Please check the FDA site recall site to see if yours is on here too. The recall site does say to continue to take it as withholding it may cause problems but to call your healthcare provider /or pharmacy about getting it replaced. I called but it didnt do me any good. Kinda scarey!
  2. emah

emah Member

I am going to call tomorrow. I am on it and it really doesn't do anything for me but if there is something wrong with it I sure want to know. I will let you know if I learn of anything new or old. I just relocated so I don't have a doctor yet (scary) but I will find out whatever I can and share it with you.

Again thanx
  3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I hope you have better luck than I had. If I hear back from pharmacy i will also keep you posted.
  4. nixon

nixon New Member

I recvd. a letter from my pharmacy about 2 mths. ago, I shop at CVS, It said it "could" be double strength, to return them to the pharmacy, but I'd already taken most of them, so I didn't return the rest, just kept taking them....with NO problems. This month they are a different manufacturer than usual, the pills look different than what I'm used to taking. Hope that helps you!! Andrea