Has anyone seen this??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlemissgem, Jul 13, 2003.

1. littlemissgem

littlemissgem New Member

I should have ordered it when I saw it in a magazine, but I didn't and now I cannot find it! I saw a "Trigger Point" bed.
    Not the wooden ball seat cushion thing, but a bed of several metal bars that ran horizontal and were conected to vertical bars on the sides. Each horizontal bar had several plastic disks on it. Each disk had "nubs" sticking out and the idea was to lay on this bed on your back. It reached from your neck to lower back and the nubs were suppose to hit every trigger point as you lay on it and shifted your position.
    Does anyone know what this is or has anyone seen it other than me?? I want it!! Kellie
  2. tambourinekid77

tambourinekid77 New Member

no i have not seen this kind of bed before ok.
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I have seen an advertisement or listing for such a bed somewhere...don't recall *Oh, how unusual...ha-ha!
    I have had spinal stenosis for nine years but it hasn't been but the last two years it became critical. About two months ago my doc ordered me into a full hospital bed w/a spinal mattress overlay.
    I thought it was a hunk of junk until I tried to lift it up and zowie I could not move that overlay for anything! It is "broke in" now and I can fold it over in thirds to rotate it and the bottom side is of a rough fabric covering and smooth! The top side has a satin covering and has bumps all over the topside.
    I thought it was a joke when I first got it but now I can't wait to go to bed, kick back with whatever needs elevating, put my O2 on and watch tv or play animal crossing! How's that! Love CactusLil'
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Never heard of it it.
    Sounds absolutely wretched to me!!!

Lynn
  5. littlemissgem

littlemissgem New Member

I may have made it sound like it was a bed to sleep on. This is a mistake. It is a "therapy" device. We all know that pressure on our sore trigger points is suppose to help calm them down. This device is suppose to hit all of them at once. Kinda like even pressure all over - the bed of knives trick. Sometimes mine hurt so bad that I need them worked on. I cannot afford a massage therapist every time I turn around and so far the physical therapy that my insurance pays for is not doing it! Why us? I am so tired of this way of life.