Has anyone seen ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jan 20, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

The Movie "Prarie Home Companion?" I watched it a few days ago and it's Wonderful!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, About an Old time live Raido show! Staring Merel Streep , Lily Tomlin , Woody Harrelson , Lindsy Lohen, Tommy Lee Jones, and a slew of other actors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Loved It!,,,,,,Lots of Great acting in that one!,,,,,,,S
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

A Prairie Home Companion is wonderful, isn't it? The cast is superb and the direction is excellent. It's neat that they shot it in the Fitzgerald Theater.

Being from St. Paul originally, I'm a big Garrison Keillor fan, and I tune in almost every weekend. It's on NPR every Saturday afternoon in most towns.

Jamin: Little Miss Sunshine is the other really good film that I've seen in the last few months. Great cast there, too.

Haven't seen Borat yet. I'll probably rent it on Netflix when it's no longer a new release, to see what all the fuss was about.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2007]
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

It's still going on! I had no idea! thats so Neat! I Knew it was in the ST. Paul Area and they filmed it a a Theater There! That makes it all the more special!,,,,,,,,,,,,,I need to pick up "Little Miss Sunshine" Too!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Haven't seen" Borat", Just snipits Here and there!,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Know it won something at the Golden Globes, or the Actor did?,,,,,Ken is Garrison Keillor The Actor,,,,,,,,,,,,In the film or the one who wrote it?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/20/2007]
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

The Dh and I use to listen to the show, all the time, when we lived in Idaho.

The house we had, had a Fireplace, but it was in the kitchen, of all place's.
    So during the winter, we spent a lot of time in there, on the weekends, playing card or board games, and listening to that Show.

So seeing the Movie, was a real treat, and we really, got a kick out of it.

I taped it, (should I admit that, lol) when it came on the Pay for view station.
    Some day, I will figure out how to use my DVDrec.
    some day, lol

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Is on right now. We get it on AFRTS (Armed Forces Radio and Television Services) on Saturday afternoons and today's was done in St. Louis.

I was just laying down wondering how good the movie was while I was listening.

Hubby and I started listening to it while trying to nap on Sat. afternoons, but as any listeners will already know, it's really funny, great old time music and very entertaining. So not so good for a nap!

Nancy B

(Sorry, make that Sunday afternoons...)[This Message was Edited on 01/21/2007]
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

it so much i'll probably buy it when it comes out on Dvd! Don't feel bad i Have no idea how to tape anthing!lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Nancy thats so cool that you can get it over there!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,S
  7. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I thought I'd let you know that it is out on DVD's now, I saw it went I was at the Viedo dept , when I was shopping.
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

sharon! I'm really slow at seeing Movies! But i Joined the Netflix program and now i'm Having a blast seeing all the movies that i havn't over the years!,,,,,,Hugs,,,,, I'll have to buy it on payday!,,,,,,,,,S