Has anyone suffered from shin pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kloet4, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

I have always had leg pain and throbbing. But the last two days I have had pain, also like a burning sensation on the shin of my left leg. It is hard to describe, but all I know is that it is painful and annoying. Has anyone else had this? I am also having pain in both my elbows lately and this is a new pain. I have not been to my doctor yet (Sept 4) so I do not know exactly what I have yet. But is it common with fibro to have new or different pains occur? Any help with this would be appreciated.

God Bless
    Lisa K.
  2. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Mine literally screams at me, especially along the bone.
    TIM
  3. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

I get this too at times, but it is worth asking about. We all write off too many things to FM--it could be something else, like shin splints.
  4. pixipip

pixipip New Member

Been having intense burninig down both my shins since before I could speak, it's like someones put a red hot poker inside my bones, it's crippleing I can never walk when it comes on. When I was about 2 my Mum was told I had infantile arthritis and I'd be ok when I got older, just give something for pain they said. Well here I still am at 35 whith that and much much more,LOL.

Love & Light,
    Jacqui.
  5. tobyj

tobyj New Member

I CRY A LOT BECAUSE OF THE PAIN IN MY LEGS.IT IS SO SEVEREE I CANNOT DRIVE.THE CALVES IN BOTH LEGS,AND THE BUNING STINGING PAIN IN THE THIGHS IS ENOUGH TO DRIVE ME NUTS. MY DR, SAID THERE IS NO HELP FOR THIS. IF YOU HERE ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT MAY HELP WILL YOU LET ME KNOW PLEASE????????
    HUGS,
    GERRY
  6. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I have shin pain off and on too but a few years ago it got really bad & I was found to have a stress fx. Showed up on the bone scan not the xray. Take care, Darla
  7. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. It is also in my left leg. Shin and the muscle to the left of the shin. I was just telling my hubby about this night before last.It is also like a burning feeling.
  8. wle

wle New Member

a hundred times since joining this site - but, "now that
    you mention it".......I mean of course I knew I had shin pain but hearing others describe what it feels like for them is just so unreal for me. This site has been such a God send. My shins burn like fire if I do too much walking. WLE
  9. maza

maza New Member

Hi Lisa
    I get very bad pain in my shins and leg pain.Sometimes i just dont no what to do with myself.It is worse at night.
    My doctor has given me morphin for the pain.As i can not sleep.He has put it down to fibromyalgia and sarcoidosis.
    Keep in touch MOUSE