Has anyone taken a heavy metal test using DMSA??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, May 1, 2007.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I need to do this tomorrow, and just wondering if anyone else has done it, and if it will make me sick.

You collect a urine sample, then take 4 L-Glycine 500mg tabs,
    then 20 min. later 2 DMSA (captomer) pills

Then collect all urine for the next 6 hours and send in both collections to the lab.

Anyone else done this??

Thanks,
    MSS
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, MSS.

The sulfur-containing chelators (DMSA and DMPS) can bind to and take out glutathione, so if your glutathione is already low, this can drop it some more. You might consider taking several grams of vitamin C when this is done, in order to boost your antioxidant capacity, or if you already have an arrangement to get glutathione IVs, that would be a good idea as well.

Rich
  3. morningsonshine

How serious is this, if i use the immuneplex i have from Prohealth will that be enough along with some Vit. C??

I was concerned about losing Magneisium and having heart palpitations.

glutathione is for our brain right? Brain fog and depression from to low??

Thanks,
    MSS
  4. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, MSS.

I think the ImmunePlex would be a good idea, together with the vitamin C. ImmunePlex will supply cystine, which your body can use to make more glutathione.

I can't say how serious this issue is for you, because I don't know your glutathione status, but fortifying yourself with these things would be a good idea. It wouldn't hurt to build in some insurance. You could take them before running the test as well as after, because they shouldn't perturb the results if you take them before, also.

Rich
  5. morningsonshine

I think i will take some Immunplex this morning,

and, skeesix, not sure what the glycines for, must help some how??

Thanks,
    MSS