Has anyone taken Flexeril?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fairydust39, Mar 28, 2003.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

HI,
    Has anyone here taken Flexeril, that also has Ulcerative Colitis? If so,did you have any side effects,such as bleeding from the bowel? I have so much neck and back pain but I'm afraid to take anything because of the Colitis.
    Thank You
    Shirley
  2. prsonlfailur

prsonlfailur New Member

does your doc know that you have ulcerative colitis? if so, I doubt he would have prescribed a med that would react badly to that, but you could call him and ask.
  3. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I take Flexeril and have spastic colitis/IBS. If nothing the flexeril seems to help control it for me, as I seem to have less liquid stools than before. I was taking Librax for a while for it but that really made me look and feel doped up.
  4. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

Hi Shirley,
    I was just put on Flexeril and it really seems to be helping! I have IBS as well as IC and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I used to take Librax, but it didn't seem to really work. No matter what I do, I still have problems. But, the Flexeril seems to have helped with pain and helped everything relax a bit. I hope you find something that works for you without such horrible effects!
    Good Luck,
    Tina
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi,
    Thank you all very much for your reply. Yes my Dr knows I have Colitis but he tried to give me Fosomax once. I told him that I couldn't take that because I had UC and he said OH I forgot about that!! So if I had not known that was dangerous for me---what would have happened? I will ask him for Flexeril, from what you told me and what I've read,I think it's pretty safe. Worth a try anyway!!
    Hugs Shirley
  6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I have had IBS for several years & previously used Flexeril 10 mg at bedtime every night for several years with good results. It eventually, after many years stopped helping with my neck & back spasms. It may have helped my IBS, but at the time I was only aware that it helped my muscle spasms in the spine. dolsgirl
  7. ruby7

ruby7 New Member

Shirley, I have found that the best person to ask is my pharmacist. I am on flexoral and I have IBS and it doesn't bother my stomach at all, in fact my stomach is much better. It makes me sleep like a baby too! I take 2 before bed. Good luck!
  8. winiw96

winiw96 New Member

only side effect for me is drowys for the next day only take on weekends good luck keep up the fight