Has anyone taken part in a clinical trial?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by najerry, Jan 19, 2006.

1. najerry

najerry New Member

I read that a rheumy that I used to go to was running a clinical trial for people with FMS. I used to go to this Dr, before change in insurance. When I called there I was told It is for a med with serotonan uptake and pain med combined...it begins with a m...can't remember the name. He is sending trhe details. Has anyone ever participated in a trial? What are your thoughts?
  2. Toga

Toga Member

It was for Milnacipran. I bet that's the one that you are looking into.

The doctor I went to told me that another Phase III Trial is starting. Schaken, on this board, also took part in this drug study also.

She loved it. It made her soooooooo much better. It helped me too but I'm having similar results with Cymbalta.

I would go for it after researching the info you receive. The doctor I go to thinks it is the absolute answer.

Whatever you decide, Good luck.

Toga
  3. floridamarlen

floridamarlen New Member

iam currently in the milnacipran trial. i have one more month of trial meds.then iam going on the extended study,this medication has given me some hope that some day ill be able to do the things i want to do. they also give you rescue meds(vicodin) and if you need them sleeping pills not the crappy kind the new ambien long acting. my life is soooo much better because of this trial drug. it helps that they pay for everything too cuz i have no insurance at the moment. my advise is research the med and give it a try. best of luck. marlene
  4. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

to take part in a milnacipran trial and declined. i wish i would've gone ahead with it. does anyone know when this drug is scheduled for approval by the fda?

what is the optimal dosing? i see it's available for purchase overseas.

i assume the sleeping pills they gave you are for trouble getting to sleep due to the drug's preference for norepinephrine over serotonin?

eddie[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2006]