Has anyone taken prescription human growth hormone............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Jul 17, 2010.

1. steach

steach Member

to treat FM/CFS? My rheumy feels that my symptoms would improve if I had the daily HGH injections b/c my levels are very, very low.

If you have taken this medication (ex Humatrope.....) did it help? Any side effects? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

2. gotdirt

gotdirt New Member

I was anxious to see if it helped my cfs and the fatigue. but it didn't. I gave myself a shot everyday for over a year. they had me take a blood test. then I ran up and down stairs for 15 min. then tested my blood again. he said I needed it. then after a year some other doctor said I did not need it. but after hearing a nurse tell me that I might start developing manly features I took her advice and got off of it.!!! and the reason athletes take it is to... lose weight, gain muscle, increase energy levels. and I know a lot of people who get them just for the anti aging properties. well I never got any of these. when where they ever going to kick in??? I gained water weight in my legs. never got rid of that. the only muscle I got was my calf's got huge!! and I used to have skinny legs. I aged a lot in the last 5 years! so really think about it. do you know how expensive that can be???
  3. wolfej

wolfej New Member

HGH could be a very good step in the overall treatment. The key is making sure that you get real HGH and not the commercial knock offs and it is expensive. Humatrope is real and I think there is only one other one being manufactured now. Don't get unless you have to get a prescription and filled at a reputable pharmacy. There are literally thousands of "HGH" supplements (I think they call them secroteques??)It want make manly if your a female. It will boost your natural gender so to speak. It has to be an intra-muscular injection too (not subQ). A lot of people get it confused with HCG thats used for "dieting" purposes.

If you have heard of Mike Dessin(?) on the Phoenix Rising board that had a great recovery from a near fatal bout of CFS used it for awhile, but he stated that he didn't use it till he was at certain stage in his recovery (determined by his doctor).

There are a lot of athletes and body builders that use it, but their doses are extremely high as well.

This is just info that I have picked up over the last couple of years because it is one of the treatments that I have followed because i would like to try it. Defenitely do your homework on it and make sure your comparing apples to apples.