HAS ANYONE TESTED POSITIVE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by eeyore, Sep 27, 2002.

1. eeyore

eeyore New Member

FOR HERPES VIRUS TYPE 6?
    IF YES WHAT IS BEING DONE FOR IT?
    I HAVE CFS AND FMS TESTED POSITIVE FOR THIS AND WAS TOLD THAT IT GOES ALONG WITH CFS BECAUSE MY BODY CAN'T FIGHT THE VIRUS.NOTHING IS BEING DONE FOR ME RIGHT NOW I'M STARTING WITH A NEW DR. ON OCT. 4TH.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY FEEDBACK YOU MIGHT HAVE.
    THANKS
  2. eeyore

eeyore New Member

FOR HERPES VIRUS TYPE 6?
    IF YES WHAT IS BEING DONE FOR IT?
    I HAVE CFS AND FMS TESTED POSITIVE FOR THIS AND WAS TOLD THAT IT GOES ALONG WITH CFS BECAUSE MY BODY CAN'T FIGHT THE VIRUS.NOTHING IS BEING DONE FOR ME RIGHT NOW I'M STARTING WITH A NEW DR. ON OCT. 4TH.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY FEEDBACK YOU MIGHT HAVE.
    THANKS
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Is this because you had a positive EBV (epstein barr virus) result? If yes, then many of us here have had it. Myself included. My doctor has done nothing yet, but I just recently went for a mono spot test if that means anything. Get those results on Wednesday. If I remember correctly, EBV is related to the herpes viruses. Go to the CDC website. Just look up CDC in a search engine and you'll find their home page and you can read all about any type of illness. Good luck.

Regina
  4. sb439

sb439 New Member

I've been tested for HHV6 reactivation. Most people carry that HHV6 virus, but it's usually not reactivated. When the immunesystem goes down (so CFIDS doctors think), it gets reactivated and makes you iller. HHV6 A much more than HHV6 B (or vice versa). I've tested positive, and have been taking transfer factor 560 for 3 1/2 months now, and have been improving - hurray, (except had a real set back as result of taking some dental homoepathic med, very ill with very bad pain for a week, yuk).
    Ampligen is thought to help people with HHV6 reactivation, especially if really sick, but this is too expensive for ordinary mortals. Kutapressin is another option, still expensive, and transfer factor isn't cheap either, but cheapest of the lot. It seems that all of these may have to be taken forever in some cases, to prevent relapse, but results of controlled studies are still out on this, I believe.
    HHV6 is not thought to be the cause of CFIDS, but one of the aggravating factors.
    Susanne
  5. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

Eeyore,

HHV-6 is a virus that like all others a)just takes time for your body to rid itself of
    or b) Ampligen has been shown to reduce or lower the "viral load" of it in your body.
    Transfer Factor is one way of dealing with HHV-6 (TF 560)
    I would suggest you try the more natural approaches such as Transfer Factor (is this okay Mikie?!) or kutapressin as I discussed in a different post. Also Lysine (1000 mg 3 times a day) has been shown to help take out the "argenine" sp? in the body which the viruses need to replicate.
    HHV-4 commonly known as EBV Epstein Barr virus can respond to the same treatments above.
    HHV-5 (which your doc should also test you for!) is known as CMV Cytomegalovirus. Also responds to the treatments above.
    another treatment for CMV is Gangicyclovir also comes in a pill form "valcyclivor". Will take away good white cells, and could cause some liver problems too. ( I recommend natural before hurting the body )
    As if it couldn't get any worse there are also HHV-7 and HHV-8....you should be tested for all the HHV. This can give you a "fuller" picture what you are dealing with.
    FYI for your info ALL herpes viruses can be "treated" not cured with kutapressin, lysine and Transfer factor.

These alternatives are NOT a cure....your body is the only one that can do this ....and believe me ....it truly wants too. Your body is on high alert trying to fight with these viruses. You need to be kind to your body #1 Sleep ...the body is repaired during deep sleep. #2 Bowels ...the more you "go", the more toxins you release, and allow the body to cleanse. #3 How to "go" more coincides with diet....( DO NOT knock it till you try it.) More leafy bitter greens (arugula dandelion etc.) 3-4 times a day. The bitter greens will also stimulate the liver to cleanse as well. Lots of raw and green salads!
    Those are the top 3 for now.
    Next you will need to look at your titers...this can tell if you have an active infection or not. Get your doc to explain this....IGG vs. IGM etc.

Your doc cannot do too much for these Human Herpes Viruses- HHV-but your body can. Tell you doc your fears and ask him to test you for the rest. Also try and get RNASE-L test.
    Good luck and try to do good natural things with the body.
    #1, 2 and 3 have worked so far for me ....titers (viral loads)going slowly down with the Kutapressin too.

I have EBV-4, CMV-5, antibodies to HHV-6 and 7 and 8.
    Good luck,

Ladybug

This is my old post to Ria

I heard this through the grapevine........
    From my understanding this is the last "year" and Ampligen will be discontinued until the FDA makes a ruling as to their decision. They will do so in the summer of 2003.

I myself, hope for its approval.

Does it work....alot of controversy.

In the beginning there were alot of botched "infusions" and unhappy people who only received saline (doulble blind studies for the FDA). The infusions must be mixed together from a FROZEN sample, tailor made from Hemispherix 15 - 20 minutes after you arrive....hence the expense. Doctors were also said to mess with the makers and said to claim false results and ascew the test results.

There is also a huge lawsuit against HEM labs and people stand to make billions in stocks and other monies IF.....the drug is approved.

I have 2 friends who are currently taking it.....both have improved tremendously.
    Mentally the most and secondly, they have regained a slow but steady pace of returned exercise. A new look on life as they both have said to me!

Why don't I do it? I think the body has the ability to straighten itself out and am new to this DD, for 1 year. I eat healthy and do the "baby ampligen" Kutapressin ....2 mg sub q a day.
    It works very well for me and I was bedridden. Not anymore!
    I cannot run or jog LOL but suffer alot from being tired after pushing etc. Am steadily climbing upwards. I am 34 and single and only suffer from CFIDS. LOTS of viruses. No fibro but I know how those who do, you suffer ....best friend does...it makes me cry. Soft hugs to you.
    They say that ampligen is more for CFS, CFIDS, and not fibro.
    My girlfriends agree as their fibro is still with them.

Also Ria many of our bodies have upregulated 2-5-a synthestase and RNASE-L...this is due to virus, bacteria, agent X or discord in the human body due to something "foreign" (really? what the heck is it!!!!!) in the system the body DESPERATELY wants to eliminate! IF... it is sky high and you cannot get into a study soon enough....probably the window of opportunity is gone ;( I would try the Kutapressin.
    If you have insurance it is 10$- 20$ a vial and VERY safe.
    It is considered an immunomodulator like ampligen but much safer with hardly any side effects! (small rash where you inject and maybe none at all for you?!) You could try this now, pray for the ampligen to be accepted, and if it somehow didnt work be ready for the 2004 trials! (sounds like the olympics...huh?)

Kutapressin was approved in the 1930s or 40s and seem to rid the body of shingles and most herpes viruses. Most older Docs will know it and its safety record but if your doc is 50 or younger, take some literature along.
    The main way Kutapressin works is it is a polypeptide from......ta da....pigs liver.....yummy LOL it works.
    This polypeptide adheres in the body and helps to keep the viral count low (not replicating so fast) and then hopefully through diet and your body wanting to help you (which it DOES!)....your immune system will regulate better because there is not so much gunk...viruses in the body to upregulate it.
  6. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

if your insurance covers it, which even my HORRIBLE HMO does.
    It is $15-20$ for a four pack vials.
    10 shots each vial.

The trick is to get your doc to prescribe it. Show him the info or go online and take him studies from it.
    Most don't even know what it is, even though it is an OLD drug!

Hugs all,

Lilladybug
  7. eeyore

eeyore New Member

FOR ALL YOUR RESPONSES.
    LADYBUG THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INFO. ABOUT TAKING CARE OF THE BOWELS, I HAD MY COLON REMOVED IN 2000.AFTER LIVING IN CONSTANT PAIN AND DISCOMFORT FOR 12YRS.AND AFTER MANY DR.'S IN MANY DIFFERENT STATES AND ALL MEDINICE OUT THERE MY COLON COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN AND FINALLY FOUND A DR. THAT WOULD REMOVE MY COLON AND WITHOUT GIVING ME A BAG JUST REATTACHED ME! SO I CAN'T EAT TOO MUCH OF ONE THING BUT THINGS ARE MOVING MUCH BETTER NOW.
    AS FOR THE HERPES 6 HOPEFULLY MY NEW DR. WILL HELP ME OUT ON FRIDAY( FIRST VISIT)
    THANKS AGAIN
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2002]
  8. mlw

mlw New Member

Your doctor should prescribe an anti-viral such as Valtrex or Famvir. I too was feeling awful until my doctor prescribed Valtrex. Even though my titres are slightly down you must take something. Along with Valtrex, I take transfer-factor 540, which I bought from this webstie (store). Pls. do your research on the web and you will be surprised as to what comes up on HHV6.

Good luck
    MLW
  9. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi, isn't transfer factor 540 meant for EBV, and 560 for HHV6?
    Susanne