has anyone told you that you would be well if...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

you just got off the couch and got into life more?

This lady I used to be friends with is telling me that I would become healthy if I got a job or started taking arts and crafts classes. Says I would feel better if I got out of the house more. Well, my thought is, a paralyzed man would feel better if he went out dancing, obviously - but can he?
  2. cabcahoon

cabcahoon New Member

My husband tells me this almost everyday. It makes me feel like he doesn't believe how much pain that im having. I wish I could get off the couch & go outside to play with him & my 5 yr old son, but I can't. I totally understand where your coming from.

Hugs,
    cab
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I work through my sheer determination and collapse afterward. Sometimes my husband will make comments similar to what you express. He's one who can loose weight without problems and doesn't understand that the FMS symptoms and then the medications taken do not help in the area of weight loss. He believes that I can apply my determination to loose weight - I do all I can to apply it so that I can function at work!

Don't get me wrong, he's a wonderfully understanding person and the love of my life. It's just hard for the "normals" to comprehend our difficulties with this DD!

Warmly, Jeannette
  4. buddylee

buddylee New Member

if I get out of my house.

I was thinking that was about exersize (sp??) and I was in PT with weights after I had my hand work done. For almost 2 years
    every time I went I had a bad nite.

yet (SAD) is very effected by staying inside and geting no sun shine. This why soo many ppl kill them self in seattle , not much sunshine.

If your able to go sit in the backyard , take a car ride.
    Try something you dont have anything to loose.
  5. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

She isnt human...she is a waste of time...i would dump her fast.....I can not beleive hos STUPID people can be!

Hope you will stay away from her negative vibes. jgavi
  6. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

People often want to help but they really do not know, do they? I saw this good cartoon in a local support magazine. This guy with CFS was lying on the doctor's couch, totally collapsed, looking like we do, and the doctor is completing a patient profile form asking, "So, you have trouble preparing a meal for yoursell, and you are often unable to walk down the stairs? ..... Do you play any sports e.g., tennis, golf, football?" It said it all.