Has anyone tried a tanning booth for fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, May 9, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Was wondering if anyone had ever tried going to a tanning booth for fibro? Some one told me that it had helped them. I went today for the first time as my friend has one at her house. It felt so good while laying there, since I am in a bad flare at this time.

But my hips and legs are till in a bad flare. Am going to go back a few times to see if it helps, but was wondering if anyone else had tried it?
    Thanks Charleen
  2. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I use a tanning bed at times...it's wonderful. I make sure it is warm before getting in though. Let it run for a little while first and get the bulbs warm up. You want the warmth as well as the light. If you get in it cold, you are just getting light.

Just don't burn! Take it slow and easy. Helps me a lot.

Maia
  3. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Yes I have used them before....feels really good on your body,but do make sure you let it warm a bit before getting in it!!
  4. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

They help a lot for the pain...I really like them.
    Just use a low amount of minutes so you don't burn, and don't use too often...you don't want to deal with skin problems from it. ;)
  5. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Very much appreciate your feed back. It really does fell pretty good while in it.
    Thank you