Has anyone tried a Tongue Scraper?....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Sep 9, 2003.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I notice I got the white stuff on my tongue and sometimes a greenish color too. I brush my tongue too. Seems like the only thing that really removes the sticky stuff is if I take a rather sharp plastic knife.

Has anyone here tried the Tongue Scrapers that are advertised on TV and the Net.

Although the white tongue is a product of Candida overgrowth seems like we can help out some by keeping the tongue clean.
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

We can help a lot more by getting rid of the Candida! Change your diet and start taking either OLE or Oil of Oregano. My cousin scrapes her tongue all the time, to no avail. If it's coating your tongue, it's doing worse things to the rest of your body!

JoAnn
  3. PJB

PJB New Member

A white tongue isn't always candida. It can be from too much acid in your saliva. Try brushing you teeth and tongue with baking soda. It works for me. Also, you can find a tongue scraper in most large drug stores like Walgreens.
  4. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Too much tongue scraping can destroy taste buds! After a long time of scraping, you may start noticing that you can't taste your food as well anymore. So please, be gentle.

I once purchased a tongue scraper that was no more than a long piece of flexible plastic (picture a flattened-out straw). It did a great job and was so easy to use, just bend into a "U" shape and drag down your tongue. But I can no longer find them! I'm sure they're out there somewhere, I'll find them again someday.

I've also heard that spoons will work, but have never tried them.

Ever see camera closeups on singers? Their tongues are ALWAYS pink and sparkly clean. There MUST be a secret! Wish I knew what it was!

Take care